• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Loc on windwalker attachment method

Sob2011

The windwalker I just acquired doesn’t have a strap, chain, or rope. What can I use that’s quiet and light to secure it to the tree? I was thinking the rope mod with a versa button but unlike most stands where there is one vertical tube, the windwalker has 2 vertical tubes so I would need a versa button on each side. I don’t like the idea of sideways weight on each versa button.

The windwalker I just acquired doesn’t have a strap, chain, or rope. What can I use that’s quiet and light to secure it to the tree? I was thinking the rope mod with a versa button but unlike most stands where there is one vertical tube, the windwalker has 2 vertical tubes so I would need a versa button on each side. I don’t like the idea of sideways weight on each versa button.
I would get or make 2 versa buttons for either post and just use a cam buckle strap. I have one on the way that I may do exactly that with.

I would get or make 2 versa buttons for either post and just use a cam buckle strap. I have one on the way that I may do exactly that with.
I’m concerned with the weight on each versa button as opposed to one versa button where the weight is pulling against each other. I also would rather do the rope mod since I can’t pack in and swing a cam buckle around a tree quietly

I’m concerned with the weight on each versa button as opposed to one versa button where the weight is pulling against each other. I also would rather do the rope mod since I can’t pack in and swing a cam buckle around a tree quietly
That’s true. What about a whoopie sling?

My thoughts on sideloading a versa button from only one direction.. Are that if you use a washer on top of button and behind under bolt nut you should be able to tighten them down pretty dang snug. After that I would think it is as strong as grade 8 bolt you ran through it. ??
Stealth stripped cam buckles are pretty quiet even if they bump my loc on limit when passing around. I did as someone suggested to me and girth hitched a coated metal wire hooked to xop treestand strap. Ran strap behind plate then tightened plate down so girth hitched hook was tight to treestand (could not make noise). Now strap is permanently attached to stand and I just bring stealth stripped cam buckle around tree loop the hook and snug it tight.

I am in the same boat as my wind walker doesn’t have an attachment method. Could some of you all share some pictures of what you have done? Thank you

I’ve added versa buttons to stands with double post. I made my own with 3/8” grade 8 bolts. I fabricated and attached 1” aluminum flat stock that attaches behind and in front of the posts where I drill through and attach the buttons. I feel this beefs up where the holes are drilled as well as better distributes the load so the post don’t twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve tried about every way possible and best I found was kyles method. That is the only real down side to a loc on stand is the attachment.
I did a mod one a few years ago and turned it into a single post with a lone wolf seat. Ended up weighing 5.5 pounds. But cost a boat load in welding

I reached out to @Vtbow for advice on loc on limit attachment method. Zero credit for being thought of by me. Guys on this forum are great. Thanks again @Vtbow!

Back