• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Locon treestand experts?

Swampman

SH Member
I picked this Loc on tree stand up today at a local sporting goods thrift store. I cut the chain off of it right away and put a lone wolf cam strap on it. I weighed the stand with the strap and it is right at 8 1/2 pounds. Does anyone know what model stand this is? I am thinking a Super Spirit but I thought those were heavier than this.IMG_2135.JPG

I have a Locon LEM. It belonged to a great friend of mine that passed. I purchased an oversize washer to bolt over LW strap loop and kept open s-hook on same side I see in your image. Did you do similiar with your stap? Mine seems solid, just curious.

I have a Locon LEM. It belonged to a great friend of mine that passed. I purchased an oversize washer to bolt over LW strap loop and kept open s-hook on same side I see in your image. Did you do similiar with your stap? Mine seems solid, just curious.

I left one chain link and then girth hitched the lone wolf strap to the chain link. I had to take the cam buckle off to do this so after the strap was girth hitched, I threaded the cam buckle back on. It seems to work great and is easy to hang.

Definately nice buy

Yeah, I am not a tree stand guy but this stand looked like it had never been used and was only $20. My son isn't sold on saddles yet so I still pack a stand in when he hunts. This stand will be perfect for him and easier for me to carry.

I may even saddle hunt out of it once or twice just for old times sake. I used to hunt out of a LEM until I bought my treesuit.

Very nice find. I always wanted one of those small loc ons.

And the seats are really uncomfortable after a short while. You have to move around too much.

And the seats are really uncomfortable after a short while. You have to move around too much.
I've never had an issue with the seat--they orignally didnt come with the black pipe insulation around the font over the flip down section of the seat, but if you add it under the fabric it makes a world of difference to keep your legs from falling asleep...also pads it a bit when packed up to keep it quiet.

Back