• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf Assault 2 mod/Treesaddle

Blue Hunter

Been fooling around with some different setups lately for fall. Usually use my LW Assasin with LW mini sticks but wanted more vesatility in tree selection. Alot of times that perfect tree leans in the opposite direction if you are a RH or LH shooter depending which way you want to set up expecting the deer to come from and to minimize movement. Anyway I took my LW Assault 2 out and cut 6 inches off the bottom seat square tube which got rid of the bottom versa button (which I camlock top anyway and never use bottom button). It also shortened seat height to fit me perfect with a hunt comfort on top of a LW pad (I'm 5'9)
I wanted to still use the advantages of my Tree saddle but with a light hangon figured I could sit and face the opposite way if I needed or just wanted to rest. For me the little bit of added weight and comfort is worth it. I'm liking it more and more...has anyone else ever tried this set up?

Been fooling around with some different setups lately for fall. Usually use my LW Assasin with LW mini sticks but wanted more vesatility in tree selection. Alot of times that perfect tree leans in the opposite direction if you are a RH or LH shooter depending which way you want to set up expecting the deer to come from and to minimize movement. Anyway I took my LW Assault 2 out and cut 6 inches off the bottom seat square tube which got rid of the bottom versa button (which I camlock top anyway and never use bottom button). It also shortened seat height to fit me perfect with a hunt comfort on top of a LW pad (I'm 5'9)
I wanted to still use the advantages of my Tree saddle but with a light hangon figured I could sit and face the opposite way if I needed or just wanted to rest. For me the little bit of added weight and comfort is worth it. I'm liking it more and more...has anyone else ever tried this set up?

Pics? I did the same thing to an old Gorilla stand I used to have. What kind of weight penalty are you looking at versus the Assassin platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics? I did the same thing to an old Gorilla stand I used to have. What kind of weight penalty are you looking at versus the Assassin platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll try and load pics later...guessing 5 or 6 lbs more but using Hill People Gear shoulder straps which are one piece and lightweight. They are the best I've found taking any load off

I know this is old, but I too have been messing with using an assault as a large platform. Easier weak side shooting and plenty of room to stand if desired. Do you have and pics of your stand after the mod?

Sounds like its still a normal hang on, but seat height lowered for short person?

Back