• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone wolf hand climber as as your main platform

Duckorbuck

I just bought hand climber for climbing and as platform has anyone used it with climbing sticks on trees with limbs .I was hoping not to buy another platform any ideas?

I'm gonna try the Strap around the bottom to lock it place is anyone doing it differently

I thought about using one a while back. My plan was to carry one stick with me so if I ever wanted to climb a tree with limbs below my hunting height I could use that instead and use the climber as a platform. @Adrena123 has posted some good demonstration videos using them.

I used the hand climber seat with a set of sticks a few times. I used a strap from the front edge of the seat to the tree below which made the seat rock solid even with side pressure. It did seem to take longer to set up then a normal platform would but that could have been just my inexperience.

I'm really surprised more people are not using one as a platform. It basically has the same dimensions as a lone wolf assassin for a fraction of the cost. I use a strap off a summit viper to lock it down.

I'm really surprised more people are not using one as a platform. It basically has the same dimensions as a lone wolf assassin for a fraction of the cost. I use a strap off a summit viper to lock it down.
I would be using one but I built a platform that I love so that took care of that. The most appealing thing about the climber to me though was the simplicity of having a platform and climbing system all in one. I 1 stick climb and it was still tempting. If I already had one I probably never would've built my platform.

I just bought hand climber for climbing and as platform has anyone used it with climbing sticks on trees with limbs .I was hoping not to buy another platform any ideas?
May I ask where you bought the hand climber. Having trouble finding one.

I bought my hand climber new at sportsman guide about 6 weeks ago, $10 less than LW sells it for. I haven't tried tying it down yet but I figure on putting a webbing loop from one corner to the other then put a strap around the tree (cinched) up to the loop and cinch down with a buckle or ratchet. Should be plenty solid.

And the platform is big enough to turn clear around on to shoot weak side,

I just pick up a Lone Wolf hand climber and plan on using it for climbing and as a platform. I just got it yesterday and haven't played with it yet but I'm planning on using a five step aider for going around limbs. Haven't tried it yet though.

I have done that and it works perfectly of course. For us (george and I) anytime we use sticks, we use a ROS (4 ameristeps on a ocb) . Toting sticks is enough size and weight to deal with, atleast for us.

Just got out to play with my hand climber. No issues except I keep catching the rope from my stand to my tether.
cf4e0e2aff071beb49af36059eb18b77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got out to play with my hand climber. No issues except I keep catching the rope from my stand to my tether.
cf4e0e2aff071beb49af36059eb18b77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its common. I think i grab it while raising the platform, idk. Keep playing around

Back