• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf Hand Climber Question

jbogg

I am waiting on my LW Hand Climber from optics planet and am wondering if there will be a need to use a ring of steps in conjunction with the climber. Are you guys that are already using the climber able to rotate 360 around the tree using just the LW climber as the platform?

Without a strap to tighten it down at hunting height, it doesn’t take side pressure very well to lean all the way around a tree. But you can also readjust it around the tree really quickly and quietly if you can get your feet in your climbing straps easily.

I am also waiting on mine from optics planet and I plan on using a strap (to secure it from sideload) with 2 home made steps.

I ordered one myself on 2/9 and it said estimated to ship in 17-24 days. What delivery times are you guys looking at?
Thanks!

I just started saddle hunting last year and I have two lone Wolfs. I think they are awesome! As far as getting 360 degrees around a tree I feel you need to adjust your tether. I've played with the LW with straps, without straps and feel I need to put one knee against the tree anyway to get around the front of the tree and what little side pressure I put on the platform it handles very well. I hope this makes sense.

I ordered one myself on 2/9 and it said estimated to ship in 17-24 days. What delivery times are you guys looking at?
Thanks!

I ordered mine on 2/4 so it should not be long now.

I just started saddle hunting last year and I have two lone Wolfs. I think they are awesome! As far as getting 360 degrees around a tree I feel you need to adjust your tether. I've played with the LW with straps, without straps and feel I need to put one knee against the tree anyway to get around the front of the tree and what little side pressure I put on the platform it handles very well. I hope this makes sense.

I was able to play around with a LW Hand Climber down at Saddlepalooza last month. I set it up only 1’ off of the ground to see how it would respond with my weight leaning off of the edge as if shooting on the back side of the tree. It’s doable but I think an added strap would help secure it. Without securing it with an extra strap you do need to be aware of foot placement as my boot snagged the black locking arm releasing the belt of the climber. Had this been a hunting situation 20’ up the platform could have fallen to the ground had it not been tied to the teather. That being said, while the platform could have fallen a hunter would still be safe and sound in a saddle.

I’m going to give OP a call at 9 and try to see what the estimated delivery time is. Will post there response when I find out.

I was able to play around with a LW Hand Climber down at Saddlepalooza last month. I set it up only 1’ off of the ground to see how it would respond with my weight leaning off of the edge as if shooting on the back side of the tree. It’s doable but I think an added strap would help secure it. Without securing it with an extra strap you do need to be aware of foot placement as my boot snagged the black locking arm releasing the belt of the climber. Had this been a hunting situation 20’ up the platform could have fallen to the ground had it not been tied to the teather. That being said, while the platform could have fallen a hunter would still be safe and sound in a saddle.

How in the world did you do that? LOL Anyway make sure you secure your platform to your tether or you in case it falls off your feet while climbing or maneuvering it. I have a piece of 550 para cord tied to my foot strap ah la Adrena123
and then the other end on an s-biner to my tether. That way if it falls it only falls a couple feet and you can pull it back up.
Have you guy's watched any of @Adrena123 video's? I think there's three on the Lone Wolf hand climber. They are awesome!
You may be able to see what I’m talking about in this picture.
66c62d4b2cf776d737ca7f184db65c37.jpg

Last edited:
Update! Just got off the phone with OP and was pretty much a waist of time. The gentleman with customer service said maybe within the next week or two but did not have an exact ETA. They are waiting on them from LW then they will ship out......Just an FYI!

That’s crazy! They should let there vendors know what the deal is as the fella I talked to had no clue as to when they would be receiving them. Poor business in my opinion... just let a brotha know something is all I’m saying!

How in the world did you do that? LOL Anyway make sure you secure your platform to your tether or you in case it falls off your feet while climbing or maneuvering it. I have a piece of 550 para cord tied to my foot strap ah la Adrena123
and then the other end on an s-biner to my tether. That way if it falls it only falls a couple feet and you can pull it back up.
Have you guy's watched any of @Adrena123 video's? I think there's three on the Lone Wolf hand climber. They are awesome!
You may be able to see what I’m talking about in this picture.
66c62d4b2cf776d737ca7f184db65c37.jpg

I was in a leaning position on the left support arm of the climber seeing how far I could move around the tree without any steps. In leaning way around the tree my boot lace must have snagged the black plastic belt locking lever and it popped open. Probably couldn’t do it again if I tried.

I got an email from OP today saying ship date would be March 15 we will see.

We must be on the same list...got the same one. Hoping so looking forward to trying it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We must be on the same list...got the same one. Hoping so looking forward to trying it out.

May I ask when you ordered your’s? Just trying to figure out some kind of time frame. Thanks!

May I ask when you ordered your’s? Just trying to figure out some kind of time frame. Thanks!

Ordered 11 Feb, likely a supply issue caused by a video .

Last edited:
Thanks!
Spoke with Optics Planet 3 days ago, they said it’s on back order til March 13th, I ordered mine on February 21st

Hey guys,watch the videos. Part 2 I secure the platform with an ocb strap. Part 3 is the must do mod, the "Adrena Mod" so you can climb like a boss.

Lone wolf site shows the handclimbers are out of stock for spring ...WTH
Can you post a close up of the mod you made? Where is the bolt placed, what size bolt, etc. . . ? BTW, as soon as I saw your video on YouTube, I immediately placed an order, because this looks like it has awesome potential!

Back