• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone wolf seat difference?

Tking1

I'm lookimg at purchasing a lone wolf replacement seat for a diy platform. There are 2 choices, the alpha and the elite. Does anyone know the difference?

I couldn't tell you there difference but I bought the Alpha. Used a 1" piece of square tube stock aluminum and 2 LW tree brackets. Used a factory LW strap and that thing will bite a tree let me tell you. I set it up on a column in my garage and it even bit to that! The seat gives you OPTIMUM angles as well and packs just fine. I forget what it's rated for but it wiggles a bit under me at 175lbs. I wouldn't push that 1/4"-20 bolt past 200lbs.

I couldn't tell you there difference but I bought the Alpha. Used a 1" piece of square tube stock aluminum and 2 LW tree brackets. Used a factory LW strap and that thing will bite a tree let me tell you. I set it up on a column in my garage and it even bit to that! The seat gives you OPTIMUM angles as well and packs just fine. I forget what it's rated for but it wiggles a bit under me at 175lbs. I wouldn't push that 1/4"-20 bolt past 200lbs.
Good info, I'm closer to 250lbs so maybe I'll reconsider my options

I'm 220lbs. and the alpha pulls away and flexes for me. I actually bent a standoff after getting it cammed tight enough so it wouldn't move. Different standoffs might make a difference.

At 250 I’d check out the ridge runner. You won’t spend too much more than you one building one, and it couldn’t be more solid. I’m 270 and the predator was a little flexy for me, but ridge runner is rock solid

Thanks, i was looking at both.

At 250 I’d check out the ridge runner. You won’t spend too much more than you one building one, and it couldn’t be more solid. I’m 270 and the predator was a little flexy for me, but ridge runner is rock solid

I am 170 and feel more comfortable by reaming everything out to 5/16". May be overkill, but if I am going to error, I wish to be on the safe side.:)

If any of you guys want to try out the Lone Wolf Seat let me know. I'll send it to ya as long as you pass it on to someone else if you don't like it. I'll send the post with too but I wouldn't feel comfortable sending the standoffs since I bent one. Let me know in a pm or whatever!

If any of you guys want to try out the Lone Wolf Seat let me know. I'll send it to ya as long as you pass it on to someone else if you don't like it. I'll send the post with too but I wouldn't feel comfortable sending the standoffs since I bent one. Let me know in a pm or whatever!
Pm sent

Back