• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf seat platform stick stiffener

Still Kicking

SH Member
index.php

20200725_104434 copy copy.jpg
I used 1.5 inch i.d. aluminum tubing with 1/4 inch wall to create 1 X 1 inch inch inside. I've inserted these 1 inch cubes everywhere my bolts go through to add internal support.

Attachments

• 20200725_104412 copy copy copy.jpg
    20200725_104412 copy copy copy.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 152
How does yours cam to the tree? Tight? Mine always seems to slip just a little on the top standoff. Thinking of selling it if I can't get it tight enough.

I use an amsteel rope with a button in the center to get it hanging, then have a ratchet strap mounted solid above the platform. I will post a pic soon. I removed the hooks and use a biner through the loop ends to attach the ratchet straps together. I am going to add a short piece of 1/4 X 2 X 3 aluminum angle to the top of the post for a rest also before paint.

Attachments

• 20200725_104604.jpg
    20200725_104604.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Mine cams best when the cam buckle strap is level around the tree. Then put a very small amount of slack in the strap and cam it over. Play with the tension of the strap to get the rock solid cam over. Hope this helps.

Mine cams best when the cam buckle strap is level around the tree. Then put a very small amount of slack in the strap and cam it over. Play with the tension of the strap to get the rock solid cam over. Hope this helps.
Mine isn't a cam over, just hangs so I haven't had a problem with pulling away and I have quite a bit of tension on the platform hinge to eliminate tip ups. I've thought about amsteel rope from the front of the platform down around the tree grip if I do have a problem.

Back