• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone wolf stick/ stepp mod for platform

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
Ok so I’m gonna see if I could make this work. Does anyone have any major concerns with the design?? Basically fabricate a small block with a pin on top and have 2 pcs of wrapped aluminum angle that straddle over a stepp. Maybe some niteize wire to secure right & left side to the step??
1947F77E-DA66-4841-92FF-3FBA0C0A5867.jpeg

So what are you really trying to achieve with this? I ask that to make you think more than to answer me.

My thoughts are I would rather put the stepps slightly higher and add a third one in, or I would make a double step at the top of your stick. You don't really need to have something connecting the stick to the stepps. You really just need something in the space between the stepps to pivot off of.

So what are you really trying to achieve with this? I ask that to make you think more than to answer me.

My thoughts are I would rather put the stepps slightly higher and add a third one in, or I would make a double step at the top of your stick. You don't really need to have something connecting the stick to the stepps. You really just need something in the space between the stepps to pivot off of.
That’s what I need Red somebody to reign me in. You’re right all I was trying to accomplish was have an alternative platform at the top instead of my Ernie’s xop. But you’re right rather than fabricate a bunch of parts to add to my setup. I’d probably be better off just adding one more stepp. Tying it all together prob doesn’t have any benefits.

That’s what I need Red somebody to reign me in. You’re right all I was trying to accomplish was have an alternative platform at the top instead of my Ernie’s xop. But you’re right rather than fabricate a bunch of parts to add to my setup. I’d probably be better off just adding one more stepp. Tying it all together prob doesn’t have any benefits.
I don't know if you need it, but an advantage of having a platform separate from your stick is that you can get extra height too. On a normal climb it will give me almost 2 more feet. If I am using my aider I can get another 3-4 just but stepping up to my platform.

I don't know if you need it, but an advantage of having a platform separate from your stick is that you can get extra height too. On a normal climb it will give me almost 2 more feet. If I am using my aider I can get another 3-4 just but stepping up to my platform.
I never thought of using the aider to get another few feet above my last stick.Simple idea. I will use it when using my red / Dave T aider modification.

Back