• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Long distance shooting

iamcorey

A couple of weeks ago I took my pops to the Civilian Marksmanship Park located in Talladega, AL. Took all the guns just in case. Long story short, it was my first time shooting 600 yards with my .280 Remington.

If any of you get a chance I’d highly recommend it. Pick up a M1 Garand while you are these. They have a pile of them.
8987fcb6e9fd769d9593252d523ff915.jpg

9be2080f98443b6ad03604e7272a8281.jpg

1d767bb22e402d3bb824e0a851f10904.jpg

Last edited:
Fun stuff! I used to shoot a lot of "LR" stuff, tactical matches, and woodchuck hunting. If time ever allows, I'd like to get into PRS... Is that the standard 600 yd. 36" black bull, it looks smaller?

Fun stuff! I used to shoot a lot of "LR" stuff, tactical matches, and woodchuck hunting. If time ever allows, I'd like to get into PRS... Is that the standard 600 yd. 36" black bull, it looks smaller?

I honestly do t know, but I would assume yes since they regularly host shooting competitions . My first time shooting at electronics targets.

I've never shot any electronic targets, so not sure of scaling lol.

Not sure the material. I know that hollow points tear them up. Whatever your shooting at shows POI on the screen on the bench. Setup is very structured for competitions, so I’m sure it’s all regulation. The 600 yd had to be large for me to see without optics.

That's awesome. And the 280Rem is a great round. I've got a small collection of its little brothers (7x57 and 7mm-08) which have made several hundred pounds of venison by now.

Back