• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Long time Lurker

Takern

Hey. Long time lurker and follower. Finally found out I am moving back to the States where I can hunt again after 3 years away and figured it was a good time to start getting active here. I will be moving to Louisiana this summer and will be looking to get back at it the first winter. Been hunting for as long as I can remember and even owned a Guidos Web prior to moving away so not new to this but having watched the change in tactics and equipment over the last 4 years from the sidelines I feel like I am starting over.

On another note, if anyone has any advice on boats in the NOLA area I am all ears. Looking to use it for everything from getting access to deer hunting from the water to chasing bass in the freshwater and reds in the shallow flats. Thinking a 16-20 ft aluminum with 50-90hp and a trolling motor. Would love a CC but it seems that those aren't popular in that area like they are in the Texas flats that I fished a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from SE Michigan! Sorry can't help with the boat search but there are a lot of southern folks around here I've noticed.

Welcome from Sportsman's Paradise. I would look at cottonmouth boats out of Prairieville. They do surface drives and outboards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Welcome! Military? Sucks when you can't hunt, I also want to get a boat lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back