• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for a way to tie in back band

Dietter700

I have a neoprene padded shoulder strap that I turned into a backbend / recliner on my mantis.
Right now it has a really cheap plastic buckle that ends up falling on my carabiner. (Noisy and not strong)

I am looking for a good way to tie that into my bridge or hook it to my carabiner. I was thinking maybe a prosthetic on my bridge and two small carabiners. But I don’t want extra weight or noise. I am not very knowledgeable on knots but is there some sort of knot that I could quickly and easily tie my back band into my bridge with?

I will add pics tomorrow possibly, sorry if that doesn’t make sense. I am very green to this saddle hunting thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right after I wrote this I realized that kestrels back band ties into the bridge almost exactly how I was imagining . Maybe I’ll try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you meant prussik knot and yes that will work. Attach cordage of choice to backstrap by whatever means necessary and form prussiks onto bridge. Nothing crazy strong is necessary. It is for comfort, not protection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have a padded sling/strap off an old golf bag waiting to be used for a back band...……. it might be overkill but it wont dig in that's for sure.

Back