• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking For Advice On Oplux

Kwfranklin88

I’m wanting to try an oplux tether and lineman’s belt.
Should I use a kong duck for tether or prusik with tender?
What do you use and how do you have it rigged up?

Kong Duck on the linesmen belt and Prussik on the tether with Sterling 6.8 would be my advice.

I order a figure Aider to go with a schwabisch knot for both my tether and lineman’s belt. I am using sterling 6mm TRC from DanO

Kong Duck on the linesmen belt and Prussik on the tether with Sterling 6.8 would be my advice.
This is what I prefer. I had a tethrd tether and the prusik carabiner combo was so long I couldn’t get comfortable. I like my tether at head height and with the prusik slid all the way up I was still in a sitting position. I’m wondering if the oplux prusik is the same length since the rope is smaller.

Well, you can make the prusik as long or as short as you’d like...Are you buying the TRC from Dan-O?

CT RollnLock is another good alternative to the long duck for use with oplux. I have a distel hitch backup made out of TRC on the tether and use a distel with paracord tender on my linesman

Back