• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for pointers on rope cleats

Lastspartan117

So i have some api sticks and am cutting them down to 20’’ and i have daisy chain on my current sticks but i think i want to do a rope cleat on these like i see on muddy pro sticks if anyone can give me some advice on what rope/size to use or any how to videos thay know of that would be great thanks

I was just thinking about that same idea this morning while hanging 20' off the ground.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I used the harken cam cleats available on amazon and 6mm trc from EWO. Works great.

Maybe you can gain some inspiration from this video. Not API sticks but may still find it informative.

I just installed a Harken Micro Cam-Matic cleat on one of my Hawk Helium 20” sticks. I took a different approach. Doing some testing and may post some information and pics tomorrow. I’m using 6mm Sterling rope.

So what is the advantage of these over a daisy chain? Obviously it's a quick connection, but so is a daisy chain. Just curious.

So what is the advantage of these over a daisy chain? Obviously it's a quick connection, but so is a daisy chain. Just curious.

The cam cleat you just pull out on the rope its much easier to hook and unhook than daisy chain.

From my perspective, the primary advantage is speed and simplicity with the ability to disconnect the rope with one hand while one sticking. Daisy chains are nice, and I use them, but sometimes you have to fiddle to get the rope slot open and twist the stick to connect for proper tightening. Not a big deal, just a little more cumbersome. All these methods have pros and cons. The cam cleats are expensive, but they are very quick and simple. Some people may prefer the daisy chains. It’s nice to have options.

I see. I think I'd prefer the cams too. I was just hoping there was a glaring advantage I wasn't seeing that would justify the cost of new rope and the cams, but I don't think there is. Although I'll be putting this mod on the future upgrades list for sure.

I see. I think I'd prefer the cams too. I was just hoping there was a glaring advantage I wasn't seeing that would justify the cost of new rope and the cams, but I don't think there is. Although I'll be putting this mod on the future upgrades list for sure.

I see youre in west michigan im in Otsego/Kalamazoo area if you ever wanted to try it out.

My end goal is to make beastly shikar pro’s lol size and shape of beast sticks pack ability of shikars and the attachment method of muddy pros im just waiting for my knobs and rope and cams to ship ill post a pick when im done but this is the basic design i have so far23820DD5-8E9A-46D1-BD53-1B7DBE587D53.jpeg

Amazon has these, in a two pack for $21.
They have a 661 lb break strength. They accommodate 3-12mm ropes.
I’m using 7mm Sterling accessory cord (2700lb mbs)
f2f7c51b61b36410c2928f0df203913b.png

ca6cc86c1e1059d152600121a6b7657a.jpg

9fd83376aca8c018a18e3884183f5538.jpg

ca341fa7594abab55bc2030b12a7092b.jpg

Semper Fi,
Mike
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back