• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for source to sew me a custom minimalist saddle

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
I have tried to find someone local.... No go. If you know someone that has the equipment and skills that would do a custom order for me please PM me. I want to get two made to my exact specs with materials i will purchase and send. Any help would be appreciated.

Big buck slayer can find big bucks, but can't find a shop to sew a sling? Just kidding Dave. There are canvas shops everywhere making covers for equipment, to sails for boats. Heck a small shoe repair shop would have a machine that would go right through your straps with ease. Head to church and ask around, lots of ladies with good sewing machines.

kenn1320 said:
Big buck slayer can find big bucks, but can't find a shop to sew a sling? Just kidding Dave. There are canvas shops everywhere making covers for equipment, to sails for boats. Heck a small shoe repair shop would have a machine that would go right through your straps with ease. Head to church and ask around, lots of ladies with good sewing machines.

Be nice Kenn os Santa's going to poop in your stocking. :)

My local upholstery shop did some custom sewing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveT1963 said:
I have tried to find someone local.... No go. If you know someone that has the equipment and skills that would do a custom order for me please PM me. I want to get two made to my exact specs with materials i will purchase and send. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave here's a option for you, 1950 Singer 15-91 I picked up on eBay for $155. It's a big investment but after years of needing to sew through tough material i pulled the trigger. Lots of YouTube videos about it made my mind up. From all your projects you seem to be a do-it yourself kinda guy. Few test I've done so far is 3 layers of type 13 webbing, 4 layers of seatbelt type webbing, and 8 layers of denim. Any questions let me know.
a0822108b6182b76d5af18ae0bf940c8.jpg

69112088f16f09bc713be93aba68cbbe.jpg

2253a71b9cd5b7d36337224a6c6324bb.jpg

973d39b926c527934020deecebee10b3.jpg

I've thought about it, but i wouldn't even know how to thread the thing :)

DaveT1963 said:
I've thought about it, but i wouldn't even know how to thread the thing :)

Lmao! I didn't either.. I read the manual. Couple hours playing around with scrap pieces.
Good to go!

Back