• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looks like I gotta use the Caine Method tonight...

I used to use a dedicated tether and separate rappel rope but then I figured out that was silly for this very reason...I figured out it was missing before I climbed up the tree though....

That is truly a climb of shame....how the heck do u misplace 40ft of rope

Just as I was finishing wrapping up my rope this morning my stinkin' phone started going off.
I just layed the rope on the ground and took the call.
You know the rest of the story... :confused:

Last edited:
Hope you can recover it

I know right where it's at.

There was was two different bucks bedded right beside that little island of woods on consecutive mornings. The first one was a really nice mature 10 pt. with short brows and short G-4s and the next day a beautiful young 125ish 8pt.
I got there this morning thinking lightning might strike 3 times in a row?

I did have a big Mama doe and 3 little ones come within 15 yards about 9:30 and a scrapper came by a little bit later.
That's all I saw 'cause I couldn't stick around any longer...

Man I hate to hear it. I haven’t went down with one stick and hope I never have to….x2 on hopes your rope is still there!

*UPDATE*
I guess it was my pull up/down rope that I just finished wrapping up when I got the phone call...3D4ACFBD-CE49-4F8E-84F5-0E62383AA379.png

2EE5D23D-BE21-4741-AF4F-3744A9DB52A0.png

I made it back there today and got to the tree and Man was I scratching my head! I just knew this is where I left that dang rope!
It wasn’t on the ground it was still in the tree... duh

Darndest thing, I was scouting around Sat. afternoon and holy crap, found me 40' of nicely wrapped up rope and a figure 8 descender right at the bottom of a tree. Coincidence?

Let me guess. You drive a brown F-150 ?

I got your truck on trail camera video and your plate #.
Now that I know it's you I won't flatten your tires if you come back... :wink:

Screenshot_20211108-190136_Gallery.jpg

Back