• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LooyvilleLarry's XOP Platform - Solid Alum

LooyvilleLarry

So, I'm a bit larger that others here (I've had more time to accumulate it too :grinning: ) and like solid things.
So I took a piece of 1.25 sq (1' L ) 6061 and milled out some of the less stressful areas.

I may come back and mill out some more at the end of the season, but for now, its done.

I have LoneWolf brackets 'cuz thats what I had handy. Amsteel 5/16 woopie sling ( and an extension piece for larger trees). All in, 4.3 lbs.

I'll paint it up and quiet it down in the next day or so.
Enjoy, and be safe.
upload_2016-10-30_16-47-18.png

Last edited:
This should do it. wrapped in some ASAT felt and I'll hit it with water repellant next week. The edges, I put hockey tape, need to get some grip tape for the top. I've left the option for a versabutton in the middle , we'll see how this works.

Attachments

• IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I never tried lone wolf brackets but did try a similar steel bracket off a tree stand and it bent. Think i read someone on here (maybe Davet) had lw stick brackets bend on them that's why people use the 6 point bracket from xop.

You could slot holes clean through as well. Bowhunter15 could run an analysis on it:cool:

First Hunt Report : It did very nicely. I do wish I'd put the seat down a little more. At the end of the weekend (15 hours in the tree in 2 days ) the platform developed a creak. Its either the position "button screw" or where the XOP brackets attach to the main (literally got those in 10 min before leaving). Other than that, I can tell you it's plenty strong, and made those long days much more manageable!

Back