• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Loving the JX3

devildog

After 8 years and 4 different saddles, I bought the JX3 for gun hunts during the rut. However, after trying it once oct 1st, it’s all I have bow hunted out of since. I shot a doe two weeks ago, and a nice buck last night. I will probably use my other saddle some but not much in the future, my knees and feet love the JX3. Picture is the buck from last night.
2394e2919a535f8473153fd95501b928.jpg

Congrats on a great buck, and for discovering the JX 3. It’s all I have used for three years, and I’m so glad I tried it.

I know this has probably been discussed at length, but how are you all stashing your gear for the climb and setup? I’m using two fleece dump pouches and it works pretty good just curious what others are having success with.

I know this has probably been discussed at length, but how are you all stashing your gear for the climb and setup? I’m using two fleece dump pouches and it works pretty good just curious what others are having success with.

I have two small molle pouches (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TQTHCQF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) I zip tied on both sides of the lower bridge. Then I have a fleece dump pouch on the right side for tether, gear strap and bow hook. I keep my ring of steps sand-witched between the seat back and the seat when folded up (I can reach back and grab it easy when ready to put on the tree). Then I have a small backpack with the shoulder straps removed that I hang from the tree fork that I sandwich in the between the seat back and seat. When I get to the tree I take connect the backpack and my bow on the same bow rope and pull up after I am completely set up.

After 8 years and 4 different saddles, I bought the JX3 for gun hunts during the rut. However, after trying it once oct 1st, it’s all I have bow hunted out of since. I shot a doe two weeks ago, and a nice buck last night. I will probably use my other saddle some but not much in the future, my knees and feet love the JX3. Picture is the buck from last night.
2394e2919a535f8473153fd95501b928.jpg

Love that buck. Congrats!

I think if more people tried the JX3 they would probably stop their search and save money in the long run

This is what I’ve tried to get people to see. I don’t think the hybrid is for everyone. But I’m confident that if the trap was run in reverse by most people, they’d come out ahead.

I was fortunate to get one of the first handful of hybrids out there, shortly after getting into saddle hunting. And I was lucky to already have had experience with the guidos web.

But, starting with a hybrid would require an honest assessment of one’s huntjng style, hunting priorities, and the shibboleths they subscribe to.

I have two small molle pouches (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TQTHCQF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) I zip tied on both sides of the lower bridge. Then I have a fleece dump pouch on the right side for tether, gear strap and bow hook. I keep my ring of steps sand-witched between the seat back and the seat when folded up (I can reach back and grab it easy when ready to put on the tree). Then I have a small backpack with the shoulder straps removed that I hang from the tree fork that I sandwich in the between the seat back and seat. When I get to the tree I take connect the backpack and my bow on the same bow rope and pull up after I am completely set up.
Thanks, pretty similar setup.. I too have a small / medium sized horn hunter pack I cut the shoulder straps off of, comes up separate on a hoist. My most cumbersome piece of gear is probably 4 step ROS… currently that gets jammed into the dump pouch like a python eating a pig but I need to figure out a smoother external spot to attach it.

I think I’ve settled on a small day pack that will hang off of the hook for the seat. Or a Fanny pack if I want to go light. I’ve thought about a chest pack as well. The JX3 Versa pack system looks slick but hard for me to drop $300 on it.

I'm using my Push pack tonight. I hang my ROS from the fork and tuck a step or two behind the straps on the bottom of the seat. It hangs from my belt during the climb.

Congrats on the buck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-131218.png
    Screenshot_20221030-131218.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
I'm using my Push pack tonight. I hang my ROS from the fork and tuck a step or two behind the straps on the bottom of the seat. It hangs from my belt during the climb.

Congrats on the buck.

So that’s like a tactical purse? Looks like a good option.

So that’s like a tactical purse? Looks like a good option.

Not sure what a tactical purse is, but it's just a pouch on a stiff belt. Holds the essentials well. Probably a number of things that could perform the function. I'm a fan of the lower leg strap.

Also 2 fleece dump pouches attached on each side of the bridge attachment straps. I also use a simple string bag made of quiet cotton cloth. The strings sling easily over each upper corner of the back frame and it holds just enough kit, while adding little weight.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I am still using the Lonewolf hand climber as my climbing method and platform. And as a result, there is no need for a lineman‘s belt. I’m just sliding the tether up and down the tree as I climb with the Lonewolf. I have found that any amount of weight hanging on the saddle makes it much more difficult to raise the tether as I climb. As a result other than a small gear pouch I am pulling up all of my Cold weather clothing and water bottles in a big dry bag after I reach Hunting height.

My JX3 arrived yesterday and I’m excited to get to using it.

Carrying stuff in has been my biggiest question to date when doing my research. I think about all the stuff I have in my pack now, and trying to figure out where it would go is puzzling.

4 C1s
Tether/Lineman’s
Platform(I know people say this isn’t necessary with. JX3 but I’m not quite ready to give it up yet)
Hand warmer/hot hands
Extra layer for mornings/evenings
Water
Banana or other snack
Release
Grunt tube
Knife
Phone
Tags/wallet/keys

I hear what Bill is saying on the Versa Pack system, I think it would be awesome, but $300 is quite a chunk of change. If it truly would allow me to get rid of all my other packs though, it could be worth it in the end.

Carrying stuff in has been my biggiest question to date when doing my research. I think about all the stuff I have in my pack now, and trying to figure out where it would go is puzzling.

4 C1s
Tether/Lineman’s
Platform(I know people say this isn’t necessary with. JX3 but I’m not quite ready to give it up yet)
Hand warmer/hot hands
Water
Banana or other snack
Release
Grunt tube
Knife
Phone
Tags/wallet/keys

I hear what Bill is saying on the Versa Pack system, I think it would be awesome, but $300 is quite a chunk of change. If it truly would allow me to get rid of all my other packs though, it could be worth it in the end.

Some people like a platform with hybrid. What you may find is that it actually makes you less comfortable. Because it pulls your feet back under you. They’re mostly meant to be out front of the seat, like a chair. But you’ll see with time. Mostly, you’ll probably use barely the edge closest to the tree I think.

I have the versa pack system. I use it with hybrid, pacseat, and my exo K3 frame. And stand-alone. It’s awesome and quiet. Everything you listed above would fit in the bino harness, minus layers, sticks platform, and ropes, all of which will attach to the hybrid itself and don’t need bags for any reason.

Reactions: JC3

4 C1s
Tether/Lineman’s
Hand warmer/hot hands
Water
Banana or other snack
Release
Grunt tube
Knife
Phone
Tags/wallet/keys

You'll be dropping that platform after the first sit. The one thing with a jx3 imo, is less is more. I've been waiting on gun season to give it the full go. Starts tomorrow.

Back