• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Low to no carb friendly

Robert loper

SH Member
Looking for easy inexpensive healthy low to no carb recipes.
Does not have to be venison.
I eat alot of ground turkey and riced cauliflower mixed with veggies.
id like to find some recipes to-keep me feeling full yet not bloated full.
thnks in advance

This is not a recipe but more of an overall suggestion for pre meals. Drink a big glass of cold water about 10 minutes before you eat a meal. The water will help fill you up and your body will have to burn calories to heat the water up to body temperature. Also, the water will aid in digestion. I've been doing this for decades.

Google up "crack slaw" or "egg roll in a bowl". I make it with turkey or pork or venison or chorizo and adjust the spices accordingly.

A month or so back the local grocery store had chicken thighs on sale for a buck a pound or so. I put 6 pounds in a crock pot with a minced onion, some garlic, some minced jalapenos, and some taco seasoning. 6-8 hours later I picked out the bones and skins, stirred it up with a fork, and had 5# or so of keto-friendly meat to portion out and freeze. It's quite good stirred into riced cauliflower with a bit of taco sauce, cheese, and sour cream. You could do the same thing or similar with turkey or pork, maybe adjust the seasonings from "tacos" to "Chinese garlic chicken" or "Jamaican jerk" or whatever.

Low carb pizza . Low carb wrap for the crust , taco sauce or any that you like that is low sugar for the top ,add cheese and any meat topping you might like . Cook like a normal pizza.

Also, stir-fry is almost by definition keto friendly. Meat and vegetables. Easy "refrigerator velcro", put whatever you got that's about to go bad in a skillet with some sliced-up protein and put the heat to it for a bit. Might need to put the onions and garlic in before the meat and the veggies but the order of operations will depend on what veggies you're cooking with. Did some stir-fry pumpkin-chunk tacos a few years back, I think with some pork, and it turned out a lot better than I had any reason to expect. I wish I could remember what I had put in the skillet. Obviously don't serve it over rice.

Along the same lines, you can do keto curries. India-inspired cooking is an enormous rabbit hole to explore. As Hinduism holds vegetarianism as a central tenant, there is a huge variety in Indian vegetarian food that you can add meat to, if you're trying to eat more vegetables and less meat and grains. Unlike Western vegetarian food, they don't try to trick you into thinking this plant matter is actually meat; they'll let vegetables be vegetables. I made a cauliflower curry that was excellent and not at all what you think of when you think of cauliflower; IIRC it was cauliflower, spices, coconut milk, onions, and garlic. There is a learning curve here with regards to the spice palette but the payoff is worth the work. They do eat a lot of breads, lentils, and potatoes, which isn't low-carb, so you'll have to read recipes pretty carefully.

Not a recipe but I recommend the Xtreme wellness wraps, they’ve got a good variety of flavors too. I use them for the obvious, some meat, little cheese, little spinach or lettuce and you can get a lot of protein and be low on carbs but feel full for a long time. I make a bunch of them whenever I have leftover chicken, turkey, steak, venison whatever you like and then they are a meal when I need one at home or on the go. Also make little pizzas with them, wrap em around a burger instead of using a bun, etc. Other than that when I’m trying to keep the carbs down I focus on a large portion of lean protein and smaller sides. Keep in mind carbs are built different; eating fruits and veggies isn’t like eating a loaf of Wonderbread.

Back