• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lumenok Difficulty

cliffordBRT

I installed my first pair of Lumenoks today. The first one was a complete failure and it broke off inside of my shaft when I was trying to remove it when it got stuck. Any ideas on how to get that out of there without ruining the arrow? Its a FMJ but the carbon on the inside may already be broken. I don't know why they make their nocks so big that you have to file them down to fit.

Attachments

• 20200417_181006.jpg
    20200417_181006.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 32
I've had real good luck with the blue low melt point hotmelt....run it under the hot water in the sink and take the insert out for an issue with nock end. I make reference mark on insert and arrow and after disassembly and reassemble the arrow flies the same.

I kind of gave up on lighted nocks. Have tried a few different brands. Most of them were inconsistent with arrow fit, nock fit, and some were a pain to turn off or on. Honestly probably the best ones were Chinese ones that I got on eBay.

I kind of gave up on lighted nocks. Have tried a few different brands. Most of them were inconsistent with arrow fit, nock fit, and some were a pain to turn off or on. Honestly probably the best ones were Chinese ones that I got on eBay.

Did you try FireNock? I am supremely impressed with them. They are more expensive, but (IMO), so totally worth it. The owner, Dorge, is available by phone and will discuss with you. Be warned, English is not his first language. Regardless, he knows what he’s talking about and his illuminated nocks are great.

They are easy to replace the batteries. I have not run into a downside with them.

Did you try FireNock? I am supremely impressed with them. They are more expensive, but (IMO), so totally worth it. The owner, Dorge, is available by phone and will discuss with you. Be warned, English is not his first language. Regardless, he knows what he’s talking about and his illuminated nocks are great.

They are easy to replace the batteries. I have not run into a downside with them.

I haven't. The price was a turn off. Can damn near buy another dozen arrows for the price of three Firenocks. Comes out to $74 after shipping and taxes.

Dumb question. I grabbed some illumninocks. And then lost them. Found them. Now I’m oooking at them and I don’t understand how to install. Like where or what to glue....

I’m an idiot. So it’s challenging. Hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dumb question. I grabbed some illumninocks. And then lost them. Found them. Now I’m oooking at them and I don’t understand how to install. Like where or what to glue....

I’m an idiot. So it’s challenging. Hahahah

I had to watch a few videos. It's as simple as pushing them into the end of your arrow. It should be snug, but if you can't push it all the way in (forcefully) don't fight it. Take it out and file the ridges down and try again. Don't end up like me.

I use nocturnals with now issue on easton axis arrows. They are easy to remove and have had great reliability. Can usually pick some up on eBay for 16ish bucks for a pack of 3

I had to watch a few videos. It's as simple as pushing them into the end of your arrow. It should be snug, but if you can't push it all the way in (forcefully) don't fight it. Take it out and file the ridges down and try again. Don't end up like me.

That’s the issue then. There’s no bite when I push them in. Side note. Anyone need 3 skinny arrow nocks? Cheap. Ha

I haven't. The price was a turn off. Can damn near buy another dozen arrows for the price of three Firenocks. Comes out to $74 after shipping and taxes.

Understood. I was able to swing the price and found them worthwhile for me. I wish you well in finding something that works for you.

That’s the issue then. There’s no bite when I push them in. Side note. Anyone need 3 skinny arrow nocks? Cheap. Ha

I have 2 sizes of nocturnals and 3 fit perfect and 3 are a touch small. I put a small drop of clear gorilla glue on it and rotated when I put them in and no issues. It’s holds well but not to much that I can’t rotate them out without breaking them.

Sent from parts unknown

I have 2 sizes of nocturnals and 3 fit perfect and 3 are a touch small. I put a small drop of clear gorilla glue on it and rotated when I put them in and no issues. It’s holds well but not to much that I can’t rotate them out without breaking them.

Sent from parts unknown
Does it still illuminate with the glue?

Does it still illuminate with the glue?

Sure does, I like the nocturnals a lot. Never failed me yet and they’re easy to turn off after the shot with the tip of a knife. The button is between the fingers of the nock so once you shoot it depresses, the just use a point to slide it back towards the rear to turn off.

Sent from parts unknown

7a858101358443eb8e712153746293e8.jpg

892ee8437f6230025df38ace2c55f41f.jpg

Sent from parts unknown

Back