• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lumenok issues

IkemanTX

I am having some trouble getting my new Lumenoks to light up in my arrows, and I can't figure out why...
I got the first one in the arrow shaft (VERY tight fit) and shot a few times with no illumination. I removed the nock, tested the contacts with a paper clip to make sure the nock worked, then shaved a couple of the ridges on the nock to loosen the fit a smidge. I then shot a few more times with no illumination again.

Does anyone have experience with these knocks, and what might I be doing wrong?

Have you watched the videos on their website? They have some good trouble shooting ideas there.

Have you watched the videos on their website? They have some good troubleshooting ideas there.
I have. they haven't solved my problem... I have slowly been removing the "sets" off of the first nock, and still haven't gotten to where the light will turn on. I don't want to go too far and ruin the nock fitment, but then again... they aren't working at the moment anyway so what's there to lose?

I guess the biggest thing is not knowing if they are too tight, or are too loose from the start.
I guess I will keep shaving down one "set" at a time on the first nock until I get lighting. If I don't, I will simply send them back to amazon for a refund and have a local bow shop do it for me.

Ikeman I’d like to know what you figure out when you do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ikeman I’d like to know what you figure out when you do?

I'll let you know.
We just had a storm roll through so I had to stop shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll let you know.
We just had a storm roll through so I had to stop shooting.

I would think it has to have something to do with it fitting too tight but I don’t want to run into that problem and not know how to fix it. I did hear on their site that it should take about 20 lbs to make it light.

I’m in Austin right now and we are having those storms roll through and rain hard then clear up and look nice.

Same here. I think it's supposed to do this for the next 4 days... Of course. That puts it drying up about the time I go back out of state for work.

I abandoned lumenocks for this reason. I originally had a hard time getting them to light and then when I got everything to work while practicing I started hunting. I let three arrows fly that year and not a single one lite up. I threw them in the trash that year and bought a few other options to try out over the off season. I really like nocturnals. Rather then using pressure to turn them on there is a switch activated when out of the sting and lights up after it comes off the string. Lights every time without issue and goes into a flashing power save mode after a certain amount of time for deer you have to let lay. Only problem is that you have to manually turn it off after every hunt but it’s not dificult to do.

I had exactly the opposite issue with my lumenoks. Whenever I am out hunting in wet conditions and the arrows get wet the lumenoks light by themselves. Here I am setting up in the tree with glowing arrows. I need to keep drying them off to get them to stop. I finally swapped back to the original nocks.

I abandoned lumenocks for this reason. I originally had a hard time getting them to light and then when I got everything to work while practicing I started hunting. I let three arrows fly that year and not a single one lite up. I threw them in the trash that year and bought a few other options to try out over the off season. I really like nocturnals. Rather then using pressure to turn them on there is a switch activated when out of the sting and lights up after it comes off the string. Lights every time without issue and goes into a flashing power save mode after a certain amount of time for deer you have to let lay. Only problem is that you have to manually turn it off after every hunt but it’s not dificult to do.
Same here. I ended up with nocturnal also and I really like them.

I found that with some I had to rotate the nock. Almost like there was a dead spot at the end of the arrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man, I'm glad to read this! I had been debating on whether or not I wanted to try lighted nocks, and jumped on a sale someone pointed out on here. I got a couple packs of Nockturnals. Glad it wasn't Lumenoks that were on sale. Shout out to @2Shea for the heads-up! Thanks, again.

I have used Lumenocks ever since they hit the market with zero issues. The biggest key on the ones I've installed myself (in addition to their recommendations) was to square the ends of the arrows with a proper tool. Even the best cutoff tool does not leave it square and that has fixed the issues for me. Nocturnals are a good product, but the Lumenocks have been better for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have used Lumenocks ever since they hit the market with zero issues. The biggest key on the ones I've installed myself (in addition to their recommendations) was to square the ends of the arrows with a proper tool. Even the best cutoff tool does not leave it square and that has fixed the issues for me. Nocturnals are a good product, but the Lumenocks have been better for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I agree with squaring up the end of the shaft. Also if the Lumenock fits too tight it will not turn on. I lightly filed mine to fit just so they press nicely into the shaft and they light up perfectly every shot. Wiggle the nock a little to turn it off. Glad I switched from Nocturnals. Started having many issues with them recently.

Last edited:
How tight does the nock fit on your string. If it’s too tight, it is probably pulling the nock out of your arrow a little at the shot as it releases from the string just enough to leave a gap between the contact point and the shaft.
Does the nock light up if you push the nock end down on a table. It should easily with little pressure.
Being squared off on the back of your arrow is a big part of making the nocks contact point make the connection also. Also your arrow has to be made from a conductive material for it to work. So my 1st step would be getting it to light with light pressure on the nock against a table.

I agree with squaring up the end of the shaft. Also if the Lumenock fits too tight it will not turn on. I lightly filed mine to fit just so they press nicely into the shaft and they light up perfectly every shot. Wiggle the nock a little to turn it off. Glad I switched from Nocturnals. Started having many issues with them recently.
What kind of issues?

What kind of issues?

Inconsistent fit in shafts, some were looser fitting on my serving and a few even failed to turn on every time during the shot.

Back