• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LW Rope Mod

iamcorey

Where's a good place to buy 8mm rope by the foot?

Would like to have 32'-40' of something in a reasonable color.

Use Amsteel blue for a LW rope mod.... cheaper, lighter weight, easily spliceable so no bulky knots getting in the way of stacking your sticks, stronger, and comes in black no searching for dark colored climbing rope which can be a challenge. Used it this whole season and no issues.

Use Amsteel blue for a LW rope mod.... cheaper, lighter weight, easily spliceable so no bulky knots getting in the way of stacking your sticks, stronger, and comes in black no searching for dark colored climbing rope which can be a challenge. Used it this whole season and no issues.
I just picked up some new sticks with amsteel rope and really like it. My other sticks have static rope and I have to agree, I like the amsteel much better. I noticed that it doesn't stretch as much when i step on it.

i called and they said their paramax is "not stretchy at all". the rep wasn't familiar with static vc dynamic.

i called and they said their paramax is "not stretchy at all". the rep wasn't familiar with static vc dynamic.
I wouldn't trust them if they don't know what static and dynamic rope is. Just buy some from a reputable dealer that knows their trade.

Back