• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LW seat climber

rutjr

I have two LW seat climbers that are different. Old model and a new model. I don’t know which is which but the one on top I like better. It seams more stable. I also messed with using a Cut down 20” LW stick for going around branches and I think I like it. Also tried an ocb strap standing on the stick to tighten it. It makes the platform rock solid. You can also use the stick on the opposite side of the tree for moving around the tree. I’m bringing the seat and stick into work tonight to weigh them. I’ll work with them this weekend and update with pictures.
12b6c9a6e7523ec27c7290afaeb5ab5e.jpg

50719bf4bb8ad3b8d4284e2b50e69719.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think you could do a video on how you set up the stick to then strap down the platform? Are you attaching the stick up and to the side? Below? If so how??

Do you think you could do a video on how you set up the stick to then strap down the platform? Are you attaching the stick up and to the side? Below? If so how??

Yes, I will do a video. I had someone that was going to help out and film me but they got Red Sox tickets so now they can't. I will find some one this week end though.

Today I took some time to clean up a tree that I want to use for filming going around a branch with the LW hand climber. It had a huge poison ivy vine growing up it. I looked for other trees but they all seemed to have the vines growing on them. I should have taken some pictures. Anyway it's ivy clean and you will see where the vine was attached to the tree. I went up 20 feet about 5 feet passed a fork in the tree. I hope to have someone film me tomorrow. Supposed to rain but keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm about to give up on the hand climber top....worked great with my kestrel but not with the mantis! The saddle doesn't cup you as much and so hanging off the side to pull platform up to adjust is a no go!!! Not sure how I could utilize a stick....tried putting a mini lone wolf up but then I cant raise the platform up to adjust because the stick is in the way...not sure what to do!

I'm about to give up on the hand climber top....worked great with my kestrel but not with the mantis! The saddle doesn't cup you as much and so hanging off the side to pull platform up to adjust is a no go!!! Not sure how I could utilize a stick....tried putting a mini lone wolf up but then I cant raise the platform up to adjust because the stick is in the way...not sure what to do!

I didn’t get a video done this weekend, sorry. I can lower my saddle down my tether so that I’m squatting and adjust the LW hand climber. Have you tried that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squatting on what? Lol..if you are still on the platform you cant adjust it can you??

The way I adjust it is I pull it up with my legs the same way I do while climbing and reach down with my right hand and adjust the belt. Pretty easy to do with one hand and takes like 5 seconds. When I get to hunting height, I rotate off the side of it and pull it up so it's resting on my knee. Then I run a ratchet straps through it and around the tree. Once ratcheted down is super solid. Then I step up onto it and I'm done

To address your question, you have to relieve pressure on the platform to adjust it. So when I pull it up and reach down with my hand to adjust it, I rock my toes forward to relieve belt tension.

Are you using a kestrel or mantis??? The kestrel I could sit in to the side pull it up to adjust then drop it back down...no go with the mantis

Are you using a kestrel or mantis??? The kestrel I could sit in to the side pull it up to adjust then drop it back down...no go with the mantis

I am currently using a kestrel flex but the saddle doesn't matter. I'll wear my mantis in the video to show you it doesn't matter if you want. The hand climber is all about technique and little tricks. If you fight it, it fights back.

If the mantis isn’t cupping you enough, the saddle is too high on your waist and should come down more. The mantis molle loops are 1/4-1/2 way my buttocks

Back