• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG AMBUSH IS AVAILABLE AGAIN

I havent had mine make any noise, maybe you must have gotten one from the 1st run, im not 100% but i believe they switched companies or made some kind of change after the 1st run due to poor craftsmanship like the bolt being off center etc. I use a ocb buckle with a squirrel step on both sides "i hunt alot of larger trees" after i lock it down though so that extra tightness might be why too

Just saw on Facebook/ Mobile Hunters United a guy asking who to contact at LWCG because he just stepped on his ambush and the posted snapped off just below the versa button, YIKES

Just saw on Facebook/ Mobile Hunters United a guy asking who to contact at LWCG because he just stepped on his ambush and the posted snapped off just below the versa button, YIKES
Woohoo, now they can advertise free load testing of your ropes.

I'm interested in the story behind that. I was pretty rough on mine the first week I had it due to a bad experience with another platform. Machined vs cast appealed to me, and the thing seems pretty beefy at most of the points id have bet on for failure. The weak link I would have suspected would have been the versa button.

I'm interested in the story behind that. I was pretty rough on mine the first week I had it due to a bad experience with another platform. Machined vs cast appealed to me, and the thing seems pretty beefy at most of the points id have bet on for failure. The weak link I would have suspected would have been the versa button.
I suspect that the issue here could be similar to the other platform I suspect you are referring to. The area is subjected to compound stresses, both axial loading from the weight and a bending load from the camming action trying to push the post away from the tree on that end. Its possible that one of the loads was inadvertently overlooked and it may only have been evaluated with respect to one of the loads and considered good enough.

On the other hand, this particular platform could have had a material defect in that area and be a one off failure. Only time will tell.

I suspect that the issue here could be similar to the other platform I suspect you are referring to. The area is subjected to compound stresses, both axial loading from the weight and a bending load from the camming action trying to push the post away from the tree on that end. Its possible that one of the loads was inadvertently overlooked and it may only have been evaluated with respect to one of the loads and considered good enough.

On the other hand, this particular platform could have had a material defect in that area and be a one off failure. Only time will tell.
Camming platforms definitely get subjected to weird stresses when you set them. That's one of the reasons I really like the treesuit design.

I've set my ambush a couple times and noticed that the leveling bar wasn't actually touching the platform. That could've been the case here and the extra leverage could've snapped the beam. Also could've just been an instance of manufacture defect. Who knows

Snapped right where the hole is drilled for leveling adjustment
That’s interesting. I would like to hear the full story as well. I don’t doubt you because there isn’t much material there to start with. Glad you’re ok.

That’s interesting. I would like to hear the full story as well. I don’t doubt you because there isn’t much material there to start with. Glad you’re ok.
Wasnt me thankfully! The guy that posted it on Facebook said he cammed it properly and when he climbed up onto the platform she folded! Glad he was at ground level.

Back