• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG Ghost harness

Tapeworm

SH Member
Don’t know if this is on here yet

Didn’t see it when I searched

LWCG has a YouTube video of Brad’s harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t know if this is on here yet

Didn’t see it when I searched

LWCG has a YouTube video of Brad’s harness

Couldn't tell much about it but I do like the ring, less rope wear/friction. Be a easy enough mod to try out

I wouldn't think if would be much different than a carabiner like we already use.
Primary advantage is you closer to the tree and can hook up a little lower on a platform while keeping a longer bridge. I've looked at it, but my little buckle lets me do the same thing and is simpler for me to use.

I never understood the "bridge being in the way" problem. I run a tether above my head with a 32 inch bridge and never have encountered the issue. My bow arm is obviously extended way out and I am always hinged at the hip because I am 25 feet in the air. When do you guys encounter this as an issue? I gotta climb a tree and try to create this problem. Never looked to see if my string is being impeded at full draw.

This would be an uncomfortable system for us that spend a bunch of time sitting. Pete

I never understood the "bridge being in the way" problem. I run a tether above my head with a 32 inch bridge and never have encountered the issue. My bow arm is obviously extended way out and I am always hinged at the hip because I am 25 feet in the air. When do you guys encounter this as an issue? I gotta climb a tree and try to create this problem. Never looked to see if my string is being impeded at full draw.

This would be an uncomfortable system for us that spend a bunch of time sitting. Pete
IMO, definitely not designed for those who sit, or for those who use a ROS.

My friend asked me if I was going to get the Phantom now that this video launched....I said there is NO chance I don’t get the Phantom! Unless they sellout before I can place an order on launch day. This thing looks miserable to sit in. Standing would be alright. That metal ring is going to make noise once it hits that adjustment on the bridge though. Which is why he only moved in one direction during the demo.

Don't know how the ghost itself will work out, but after spending time in the ambush and playing with an old assassin harness, there is definitely merit to the idea, and I'll be building something similar.

To me, if you're standing on a large platform (and that has its merits) it makes more sense to use something like what Kuhnert has. The design just needs refinement. I have a few ideas I'm working on, but I think it would be very easy to take the riggers belt design and bring it up-to-speed with today's stuff.

I've killed a good amount of deer the past couple of years from a ROS and a sling-style saddle. It's quite doable but the bridge is absolutely in the way, especially for a weak-side shot. Saying it isn't to me is like listening to a guy say his assault and 4 lone wolf sticks arent heavy. Ok. Take this roll of carbon bolts and this saddle and get back with me. Maybe it doesn't impede everybody's results, but it's still a thing. For most of us it's just a thing we've figured out.

A belly button high hookup point means there's as little in the range of your bow and bow arm as their can possibly be. That's not comfortable or feasible from a ROS or if you sit, but it absolutely is if you're leaning on a big platform. I spent 4 or 5 all day leans on an ambush, and by the end of it I was quite comfy with my tether as low as it would go. My buckle on my tether is usually touching the tree, and most of my weight goes into the top 2" webbing on the kite.

A riggers belt style harness makes that hookup much more comfortable. It sits right at your waist most of the time, and actually provides a little back support. I don't personally need that, but it would be the cat's azz for those who currently carry separate back bands. When your ready to sit for a while, just slide it down under your butt and sit.

Same day LWCG did that ghost video they also did this much longer one. It's mainly about the evolution of the Kuhnert-style platform, but they go over the harness as well. Wish there was a way to edit out everything but Kuhnert talking, since both of the D'acquistos and whoever the other guy is add little to the discussion, but it's definitely worth watching.

I think the whole system makes a tremendous amount of sense. I never understood the leaner/platform crowd until I started doing it Kuhnert's way. Kinda how I struggled to get dialed in on a sling and a ROS until I started really looking at how Eberhart did it. Two different systems. To me it doesn't make sense to marry a sling to a platform, or a riggers harness to a ROS.

Last year i was hunting out of a platform with my bow hanging on my Left (strong) side. A buck snuck in unnoticed DIRECTLY behind the tree I was facing so I never knew he was there until i heard him take a step from about 15 yards away. Once i noticed him he started to turn and work to my right, perfectly broadside at that 15 yard mark.

I had to grab my bow hanging on the left side of the tree and try to get it over my bridge/tether to the right side of the tree with him basically at point blank range with as little commotion as possible being it was late season so there were no leaves and from his vantage point i was totally skylined.

Long story short he busted me trying to get my bow over my bridge/tether to get that shot on my right side. In that instance my bridge 100% impeded my ability to smoothly get a shot at a buck that showed up in an unexpected spot. Had I had something like this Phantom where i was attached more at belt level instead of a tether coming down from head level I would have had a much easier time sliding my bow from the Left side of the tree over to the right side of the tree to get an opportunity at this shot.

@Nutterbuster have you had a chance to come up with anymore ideas or improvements on the riggers belt idea? If so im curious to hear them as i just bought the harness you posted from amazon and wanting to get some ideas for it if you have any to share. Thanks in advance!

@Nutterbuster have you had a chance to come up with anymore ideas or improvements on the riggers belt idea? If so im curious to hear them as i just bought the harness you posted from amazon and wanting to get some ideas for it if you have any to share. Thanks in advance!
Honestly, I haven't had much desire to fool with it. It's actually super comfy and lightweight. I've just been messing with it using just a linemans belt in the yard, and will probably hunt that way at least a time or two come October. Really hoping to make 2 LWCG sticks, the ambush, and the riggers belt my go-to this year. Just gotta see how comfortable it is after a few hours.

Back