• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWHC Climbing method Hack

jbogg

I have been using the same Lonewolf Handclimber with bolt mod for the past three seasons. I guess I’m one of the fortunate ones who has not had any issues with breakage. I hunt out of the JX 3 Hybrid, and the LWHC pairs with it beautifully. It’s ultralight, folds completely flat, and is a breeze to climb with here in the south with our straight Oaks, poplars, and Pines. My only complaint with this method is that once I am all set up and hunting at height it is extremely easy to accidentally kick the Lonewolf loose while hunting creating a racket, and requiring that you pull it back up in the place with the paracord that always stays attached to my bridge. I have played around with securing it with a bungee cord in the past, and while it works well, it is a bit of a pain to get it installed while climbing.

After giving it some more thought I decided all I needed was a little bit of weight applied to the outer edge of the platform. I always carry several 32 ounce Nalgene water bottles with me during early bow season since I normally sweat like a pig while hunting the mountains of North Georgia. It turns out that a 32 ounce Nalgene full of water at 2 pounds is more than enough weight to secure the LWHC in place. I’m already packing the water anyways, so no extra gear needed. Hope this helps.
D5AA148D-2BAC-4D1F-83DC-85B1AF446495.jpeg

Cool. I am trying the jx3 with lwhc this year. Formerly used traditional saddle with it. Is the side pressure better within reason? I realize its not much force there.

Weird.
That thing looks brand spanking new.
Everything I own saddle related is beat-up pretty bad...

Well, except for the stuff I might post in the Classifieds soon. :innocent:

That was why i went away from the lwhc and it just sits in garage. It was always too loose at height. I thought to use a strap with steps for movement around the tree while securing the hand climber but I got tired of putting my knee on climber to get back up once installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was why i went away from the lwhc and it just sits in garage. It was always too loose at height. I thought to use a strap with steps for movement around the tree while securing the hand climber but I got tired of putting my knee on climber to get back up once installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you prefer instead

Cool. I am trying the jx3 with lwhc this year. Formerly used traditional saddle with it. Is the side pressure better within reason? I realize its not much force there.

i’m not sure I understand your question, but it requires a good bit more side pressure to kick it loose even with only 2 lbs of weight on the front edge. I will wrap some camo tape around the water bottle holder so it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
i’m not sure I understand your question, but it requires a good bit more side pressure to kick it loose even with only 2 lbs of weight on the front edge. I will wrap some camo tape around the water bottle holder so it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb.
Nice. I was thinking of hanging my rappel rope.

Back