• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Made A Couple Bow Wrist Slings Today

Very nice. How do you attach? I always see these with the leather piece, which I'm not sold on.

The 4 pc weave is right at 30" finished length and the Cobra weave is right at 8" finished length. Then I added the spine in the Cobra weave, just for a little extra detail. I burnt the ends of the 4 pc weave together, but you could just shrink wrap it.
It may be way to long for now, but I can always cut it and burn it again, once I make my piece to attatch it to my stabilizer.

I'm going to make me a leather piece for now... I'll use it till I get the spare time to come up with something else.

I just don't like anything organic on my compound that can dry rot or get wet and shrinky/stinky.

I'm using a bohning ugly sling now because it has a plastic base.

I just thought of using kydex. Do you think that has potential?

I just don't like anything organic on my compound that can dry rot or get wet and shrinky/stinky.

I'm using a bohning ugly sling now because it has a plastic base.

I just thought of using kydex. Do you think that has potential?
Seriously?... Fur seal pup hide is all I use.... They have to be adolescent and have to be clubbed in the spring or the hide is a little too tough...a nice spring fur seal bow sling really is a game changer.. Whale shark leather to attach to bow... impervious to weather

Seriously?... Fur seal pup hide is all I use.... They have to be adolescent and have to be clubbed in the spring or the hide is a little too tough...a nice spring fur seal bow sling really is a game changer.. Whale shark leather to attach to bow... impervious to weather

I know, all that plastic will just end up in the landfill destroying the planet. Your practice is much more eco-friendly.

I’ve used the leather doo-hickies for years.
Pretty much what was always available.
I think they help to not induce any torque to the bow. They should be a little more forgiving than something rigid? (sounds good in theory)

I’ve used the leather doo-hickies for years.
Pretty much what was always available.
I think they help to not induce any torque to the bow. They should be a little more forgiving than something rigid? (sounds good in theory)

The wrist sling is loose on my wrist and only there enough to catch my bow if I were to drop it, so whatever it is made of would have no influence on my shooting, given how I use it.

Back