• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Made an aider thats easy to get down tree.

ColbyBlack

So I made an aider out of straps following a YouTube channels plans and It didn’t work for me. Was unstable and the straps we’re close to the tree making it hard to get your foot in one coming down.

So I made my own, with adjustable Prusik knots that stick the load bearing loop out away from the tree. Seems to work great. 
51F2E70D-E8C4-4E17-91A3-E5922FD2FA62.jpeg

Nice! I could use a foot basket like that on a rope that is girth hitched to the tree as a self contained hanging step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting! So it keeps the toe of your boot completely off the tree? Or did you 'size' it so that your toe still contacts the tree?

That's interesting! So it keeps the toe of your boot completely off the tree? Or did you 'size' it so that your toe still contacts the tree?

My toe still has contact with the tree. It basically gives my foot something to slide into instead of something to search around for blindly and try to scoop off the tree while it’s laying there flat. Now it is as easy as finding any other step. And because there is two loops to attach to the climbing stick, it is strong, stable, and can break down and lay flat for storage or even wrapping around the sticks to carry them.

Very nice. I've avoided aiders like the plague...might give this a shot this offseason.

Back