• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Magnus Broadheads positive review

philsanchez76

SH Member
I went through several broadheads this summer, fixed and mechanical trying to find what flew best from my old Hoyt that I picked up on Craigslist. Stumbled on Magnus Black Hornets and these things flew exactly like my field points. Even truer than mechanicals. Shot a deer with it a few days ago. Complete pass through and then hit a rock and bent the tip. I heard that these broadheads have a lifetime warranty so I tested it out. Emailed Mike (owner/CEO) directly as he provides his email address on his website, explained what happed and I received a brand new broahead as well as a Magnus hat and decal today! Put another magnus through a buck last night and recovered it looking brand new (after cleaning the blood off). Just wanted to pass along an amazing USA owned business story. They got my loyalty for the long haul.

Last edited:
I started shooting the magnus stinger buzzcut this year. Shot a doe Saturday with one and it definitely did its job. Destroyed a rib on entrance, passed through and stuck 6 in the ground. Same result though, bent the tip. Still very happy with the results!Screenshot_20191006-212547.png

I started shooting the magnus stinger buzzcut this year. Shot a doe Saturday with one and it definitely did its job. Destroyed a rib on entrance, passed through and stuck 6 in the ground. Same result though, bent the tip. Still very happy with the results!View attachment 18025

Is there such a thing as TOO much penetration?! Haha. Mine was like 6 inches in the ground too. You gonna cash in on that warranty? I've been wondering about those Buzzcuts too. Do they fly true like your field points?

A file will clean that right up. Any broadhead with a needle point will fold over if it hits something hard. Fred Bear used to file the point to a more square point to eliminate that. Regardless, it's hard to beat a Magnus broadhead. I just wish they still made the old glue on heads. I loved them but Mike sold that portion of the business and the buyer shortly thereafter went out of business....

1570627632734.png

I've always heard good things about Magnus broadheads. If the brand of broadheads I'm using now would happen to go out of business I would definitely give them a chance. That warranty doesn't hurt either especially since I get pass through pretty often like you guys are.

Party on, Wayne.

I switched to the same heads this year too, I'm super happy with their performance so far. I had the same results on the doe I shot last week, complete pass through and buried 6" in the ground. Those sharp little suckers slice some tissue apart too!

I had very positive experience as well. Easy replacement of broken one. I’ll never have to buy another broadhead if I don’t lose them!
Although, I do want to try the snuffers

I’ve shot two bucks so far this year with mine I love these broadheads! Stay sharp the second didn’t even know he was hit till he fell it zipped right through him so fast.

Is there such a thing as TOO much penetration?! Haha. Mine was like 6 inches in the ground too. You gonna cash in on that warranty? I've been wondering about those Buzzcuts too. Do they fly true like your field points?
Mine flew really well. Not exactly like my field points but within a couple inches. That being said, I don't blame that on the head. I tried tuning my bow myself this year so it certainly has some flaws in the tuning. I made a slight pin adjustment and they are shooting very consistent.

I’ve shot two bucks so far this year with mine I love these broadheads! Stay sharp the second didn’t even know he was hit till he fell it zipped right through him so fast.
Same thing with the doe I shot. She didn't act like she was hit but fell over within 50 yds.

A file will clean that right up. Any broadhead with a needle point will fold over if it hits something hard. Fred Bear used to file the point to a more square point to eliminate that. Regardless, it's hard to beat a Magnus broadhead. I just wish they still made the old glue on heads. I loved them but Mike sold that portion of the business and the buyer shortly thereafter went out of business....

View attachment 18032
Already back in the quiver and ready for action. Filed down and sharpened up, but I did move it to the back of the line.

I just ordered a stay sharp sharpener. https://staysharpguide.com/products

Makes it pretty easy. I order the fixed and replaceable models. But the replaceable is the one for the set razors. It sharpens both the bleeder and main blades. There’s a YouTube video on it with the set razor and how to touch up the serrations and everything.

Oddly enough I couldn’t get the ser razors to fly good in my elite last year. Tried the buzzcuts this year and they fly much better ‍

Man that's like 5-6 great reviews on the buzzcuts. Im gonna have to try those next year for sure!

i shot the buzzcuts for years. i had a bow once that wouldn't throw any broadheads well. the bow had something wrong with the tune that i couldn't figure out. anyhow, the buzzcuts are the ONLY one that hit with my fieldpoints. many deer fell to that buzzcut.

i shot the buzzcuts for years. i had a bow once that wouldn't throw any broadheads well. the bow had something wrong with the tune that i couldn't figure out. anyhow, the buzzcuts are the ONLY one that hit with my fieldpoints. many deer fell to that buzzcut.

My problem exactly. 13 year old craigslist bow would not even throw mechanicals with any accuracy. But these Magnus' for some reason are money.

Back