• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Making my own

fatback803

Been gathering some supplies to experiment...

e5e854b29c250f65451849bbcc9fe14e.jpg

I have an old singer that didn't work when I got it. Does now, but I don't know how to sew. I guess I should pull it out and just do it.

I have an old singer that didn't work when I got it. Does now, but I don't know how to sew. I guess I should pull it out and just do it.

Its not so bad... I've been familiarizing myself with this machine through you tube, this site and practicing on old rags and shirts. I look it as a method of joinery which also requires measuring and cutting. I may pick up an old Singer if I can get it for 20-30 bucks just to see how its built. Good luck!

Nice! Did you buy that singer HD new?

Yes... Its very popular on Amazon... $139 + 4-5 year warranty for a few bucks. Lots of tutorials on you tube that will take you step by step. I've joined at least 4 layers of webbing together with no problem on this thing. The only complaint I have so far is it goes from zero to 100 in a snap, but I'm finding ways around that.

What model is that Singer HD? They offer several versions based on the number of stitch patterns available.

Its not so bad... I've been familiarizing myself with this machine through you tube, this site and practicing on old rags and shirts. I look it as a method of joinery which also requires measuring and cutting. I may pick up an old Singer if I can get it for 20-30 bucks just to see how its built. Good luck!
Thanks! I'll get it out this weekend. I would love to make a custom pack. That's the main reason I bought it.

Some progress. Getting a feel for sewing machine. Will add some load bearing stitching next.
256f16789f0abb37a616cad901b5ab87.jpg
51e15167f3acc707636fb6aa2d976d1e.jpg

Back