• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mantis Owners Preferred setup

Labonte.r

Hi looking for input from you mantis owners on your tether height bridge length and whether you run ROS or platform. Trying to find a sweet spot for me and looking to see where halls comfortable. Thanks

I use the predator platform with versa straps and works well for me. I had a doe and two fawns appear out of nowhere while I was setting the platform up last night and it was easy to lock it in and minimize movement. I am more comfortable leaning than sitting in my mantis.

I set tether about eye level with ropemen1 and stock bridge.
I’m a leaner and prefer the predator tilted down to match that angle for comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tether is chin height, stock bridge, squirrel steps(ROS). May get a predator this year but definitely will next year. Just want more options, love the squirrel steps.

For me its tether tie in at eye when I'm standing upright on my Predator. I climb using the stock bridge but swap out to my linemans adjusted to about 35inches for my sit. I'm a sitter and sit knees to the tree. I do push the Mantis down though so the waist belt is just above my tailbone.

I’ve got ros playing with and seems like to me bridge is way long I have to set tether about head high and than I feel the saddle is wanting to ride up on me. I tend to feel more comfortable leaning.

I'm mostly a leaner and put the tether at eye level. I run the stock bridge, and the Predator platform. If I want to sit I'll give myself a little more tether(ropeman) and put the knees( arctyrex knee pads) on the tree.

I’m running and upper-chest height tether, a super short bridge, and a predator platform tilted down. I lean 98% of the time.

I run a predator platform w/verse strap, stock bridge (1/4” amsteel, 30” long) and forehead tether height. I had a hunt this morning and I leaned for the whole 5 hour hunt. I will lean most of the time.

I use an XOP platform WITH steps. Makes swinging around the tree much easier and you cant beat the platform for comfort

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tether about chin height for me. Predator has worked great for me as is. I could see the benefit of a step on either side of the tree, but haven’t felt the need for it. I don’t use a versa strap on the platform, but I do on my lone wolf sticks. I prefer the cambuckle on the platform so I can cinch it down before I cam it over. However the versa straps on the sticks have been awesome, about as simple and quiet as it gets.

Oh and I’m about 50/50 sitting vs leaning. Actually might lean a little more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am a leaner with a Predator platform. I shortened my bridge to 20"-21" and run my tether chest high.

How many are running leg straps down low around thighs seems like it’s staying put better for me down there. I’m liking my Klemz platform better with the stock ridge seems like I’d prefer little shorter with the ros. As is my prusik is bottomed out against the tree.

How many are running leg straps down low around thighs seems like it’s staying put better for me down there. I’m liking my Klemz platform better with the stock ridge seems like I’d prefer little shorter with the ros. As is my prusik is bottomed out against the tree.
I've found that is where I like the let straps as well. Low and pretty loose.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Tether nipple high, 18" bridge, No leg straps and I use a LWHC. Oh, and this is on my Kestrel. I haven't used my Mantis in a while.

I haven’t tried it yet, actually tie my bow rope to one of the lower loops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back