• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Marking Platform/ROS Height on Preset Trees

Skewerer

How do you guys mark your hunting/platform height on prepped trees? I trim shooting lanes from a precise vantage point in the tree, and I want to be able rehang my ROS or platform at the same spot when I come back to hunt it. I've been leaving some reflective paracord up in each tree to hang my pack on; the loop for my carabiner is about eye level. So, that's giving me one reference point, but I think something just below or above where the ROS or platform will hang will be more helpful--esp. when working in the dark. I saw Nick's video about trail tacks to find trees in the dark and was thinking about using one to mark this. Anyway, just looking for ideas.

Back