• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Marlin

Yea but Remington started doing a great job with the Marlin levers after a few years of issues and older tooling. I'm sure Ruger will do a spectacular job. I'm hoping Remington climbs out of this, their stuff up through the 1980's was/is exceptional.

Yea but Remington started doing a great job with the Marlin levers after a few years of issues and older tooling. I'm sure Ruger will do a spectacular job. I'm hoping Remington climbs out of this, their stuff up through the 1980's was/is exceptional.
Remington has made enough stupid decisions. It’s time for someone else to have a turn.

Remington has made enough stupid decisions. It’s time for someone else to have a turn.
Totally agree, since the 2000's they have really made some bad business decisions. Its happening with a lot of companies getting purchased by venture capitalists to just make money and don't really give a hoot about the original mission of the organization. I cringe whenever I hear of a great American company being "bought out by a conglomerate. Another thing, Original Remington started in Ilion NY and this current Governor and his henchman are all antigun. From pulling out NYS Retirement System investments from any "gun manufacturer's" within their own state (where jobs and incomes help your state) these ultra maroons kick them out and disinvest in them because they feel that firearms are evil. No, people are evil not guns! Anyway, a great company over 200 years old going the way of Winchester. Saddens me a great deal.

Back