• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Maryland public land sika deer

Wyatt_burp

Alrighty folks, this will be my 2nd season hunting maryland, I've got a good enough grip on public land white tails in maryland, anyone want to imbue me with sika deer knowledge, I have a sika seducer call on the way, working on taking 3 days off mid october to head over to Dorchester county, I have an inflatable paddle board and my saddle that I think will lend itself well to these swamp creatures. Everything I've read says they like to keep their feet wet.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Bring a thermacell and hip waders.
What property are you going to be hunting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been down hunting them on public, but yet to get one. I do see them, but just out of range. I hunted in the water, but everything came from dry land and mostly out of the pines. It's really cool to hear them bugle. Most action was right in the last 30 minutes of light. They are very quiet and sneak in on you. I will be going down this year also again to try and get my first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've been down hunting them on public, but yet to get one. I do see them, but just out of range. I hunted in the water, but everything came from dry land and mostly out of the pines. It's really cool to hear them bugle. Most action was right in the last 30 minutes of light. They are very quiet and sneak in on you. I will be going down this year also again to try and get my first.

Hey bud, you wanna team up let me know. I have a sika seducer call, and a hankerin forcthe best venison.

Hey bud, you wanna team up let me know. I have a sika seducer call, and a hankerin forcthe best venison.

That could work out. I'm in Cecil county, we're are you located? I went a couple years ago with some guys from Harford. We had a blast!

That could work out. I'm in Cecil county, we're are you located? I went a couple years ago with some guys from Harford. We had a blast!

I’m from Maryland as well always wanted to hunt them but never have. If your interested in someone else to go with let me know I’d like to give it a try.

We have some of your trickle-over population of sika here in DE. I have only seen them once but not while hunting. Hoping to see one this year.

Harford. I'm all about it.

I’m from Maryland as well always wanted to hunt them but never have. If your interested in someone else to go with let me know I’d like to give it a try.
Hey boss, keep me in the loop.

October 12
Fishing bay WMA

Thoughts?

Ok folks, I'm setting an alarm on my phone for October 1. I'll make a post about hunting md sika on October 12 at fishing bay wma, we can hash out where we are parking, what the plan is, and hopefully at least one of us is successful.

I've been really wanting to try this for a couple of years now. Is a weekend enough time to get anything accomplished up there? And could I get to where I need to go in a little toyota corolla? Might have to drive up from bama and take part.

I've been really wanting to try this for a couple of years now. Is a weekend enough time to get anything accomplished up there? And could I get to where I need to go in a little toyota corolla? Might have to drive up from bama and take part.
More days you have the better. The car is fine. You have to park at the roads anyway and walk in. Also there is no Sunday hunting there, so you only have the Saturday if you plan a weekend trip. During the week is great, less people and pressure.

More days you have the better. The car is fine. You have to park at the roads anyway and walk in. Also there is no Sunday hunting there, so you only have the Saturday if you plan a weekend trip. During the week is great, less people and pressure.

Good info, I haven't researched it a ton but from just now skimming over the regs the licenses look super cheap.

Back