• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Maryland public land stick n string challenge.

Where works best for everyone

• Western md

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Eastern shore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Central md

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Teddy9871

With Maryland adding a primitive weapons season (Feb 1-3) to finish up the deer season. @Bigterp and I were discussing a get together on some public land. Who would be interested to go after some finicky late season whitetails with the stick n string?

I also might be interested depending on location.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not in MD currently, but I grew up there. If the late season includes sika Eastern shore public (blackwater, etc.) could be a change for a few people.

I might be interested depending on location.....and assuming I have any tags left ;) (I soooo just jinxed myself)

Yeah they went back to unlimited does in region B. I’m gonna run out of knives......
I watched a spot where you could see 3 bean fields and had 38 deer come out. 36 does and 2 spikes. We have does for days!

I would run down if it wasn’t a Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. I was disappointed when I realized it was going to be a weekday hunt.

Last edited:
Yeah honestly I didn't realize either, we could bump it to the last weekend of archery season

Back