• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Michigan Meet & Greet

Ed the Red

South Jersey Pine Barrens / Irons Michigan
So I’m back from our Alaskan cruise and am left with a huge desire to hunt Alaska!
But the post is really about what happened to the discussion of having a Michigan meet up?????
I’m in the NW lower near Irons.
Any interest left in getting a group event on the calendar????

No one to step up to the plate and organize the event apparently. We had a great demo day in Midland back in March. Supposed to be one in SE Michigan in May but needed a location and organizer. Perhaps we'll have one in June.

I have June 22nd available at this point. If anyone has a location in mind I’d be up for putting together the rest of the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soooo, in the past what type of locations wee chosen? State parks, state hunting areas, private property?
The last one was originally planned to be at my property but had to be changed to a local park, lot's more guys wanted to participate than expected. It would be best to have a place with a few good trees to climb without angering local authorities and some basic amenities like tables/ pavilion and a bathroom.

The last one was originally planned to be at my property but had to be changed to a local park, lot's more guys wanted to participate than expected. It would be best to have a place with a few good trees to climb without angering local authorities and some basic amenities like tables/ pavilion and a bathroom.
How about Brighton Recreation Area? Pavillions, bathroom, open to hunting/climbing

I'll check it out.
Anyone else have any input on this place?

I'd suggest trying to get the Livingston county CO on the line and ask exactly what needs to happen to not get accused of anything silly. That way he knows about the event and can squash any concerns that get phoned in from the snowflake crowd.

Also, Island Lake Rec Area has similar attributes. This spot

https://goo.gl/maps/kKzTrAHiLfB3XaKE9

has a giant parking lot. Island Lake is easier on/off the freeway.

I drove from S. Michigan to the one they on in Midland. I knew absolutely nobody and my wife though i was crazy to drive 2 hrs for a meet and greet saddle demonstration. Well let me tell you that was one well put together demonstration day. I had the chance to try the saddle and other climbing styles as a total noob. I am in for June 22nd.

Depending on location and my work schedule id be interested in getting together again with all you tree climbing lunatics. Lol

So June 22nd does anyone want to take Point and get a solid plan going? I would help put on together. I have not even hunted out of saddle yet lol.

I’m taking the lead on this. Looks like the location will be at one of the locations listed above, I’m going to make a trip down to check them out before locking it in.
The date is solid though June 22nd.

I will add details here as they’re available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back