• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Michigan's Opener Is Tomorrow!! Post Your Pic's Here!!

With all this heavy rain we started to get today and projected to last to Thursday afternoon I decided to miss opening day for the first time in 8 years. First sit is gonna be Friday morning, good luck to everyone.

First one I missed in years. Work just didn't cooperate this year. Hoping to get out Thursday afternoon

Early scouting = big bucks it’s amazing what an opener will change in big buck patterns

I had to work this morning but got out this evening. Man, I've got to hand it to our southern friends. It was nearly 90 degrees out there and just miserable. How them guys hunt in that is beyond me....

Cold front went through up here about noon. It was 71 when I gott to work at 6:30 this morning and 52 when I left the tree at at 7:30. Man, did I get wet tonight. It was raining a bit when I went out but I got absolutely poured on for over an hour of my sit. Good rinse of my gear after eight months of sitting. :)

Last edited:
I had to work this morning but got out this evening. Man, I've got to hand it to our southern friends. It was nearly 90 degrees out there and just miserable. How them guys hunt in that is beyond me....
I can tell you after living in the south now for 13 years, you never really get used to it and it is miserable, no matter how you cut it you are drenched in sweat by the time you get to the tree and the pterodactyls I mean mosquitoes down here are unrelenting (you don't forget the thermacell as well as a back up bottle of permethrin) It doesn't start feeling like Michigan hunting weather here in SC until close to December and I sure do miss being able to hang my deer for a couple days prior to quartering it out.

Hopefully the weather gets better for my fellow Michigan brethren, good luck and may your arrows fly true!

It’s the love of the game that gets us out in those temps.

Oooh, couple deer below my tree right now. Gotta be quiet, see if I can get a better look. Nope, no shooters.
(Puts binoculars down and goes back to work). One more day before I can get in a tree.

Finally made it to deer camp tonight, gonna drive around tomorrow morning and see what areas are flooded where I normally access. Gonna feel great to finally get up in a tree again.

Welp alot of areas are flooded out like expected so some areas are getting more pressure when usually no one usually hunts that area. Seen 7 does last night and gave a pass to a 8 point only because I have the shiawassee hunt coming up and I don't wanna burn a tag early. Going to hunt a chunk of land the state bought a couple of years ago, no one has hunted it this year.

Back