• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mickey Platform

Here is my latest creation which I am calling the Mickey Platforms because if you look at them from the top it looks like Mickey Mouse's profile. These are to be used in conjunction with my ladders, I also build, to make a very comfortable saddle set up. You can stand on these and use the inside of the "Hoops" to push yourself around the tree with your heels. I have always used two of these together so I can spin around the tree. Two of these nest together to make a small package and weight is just a feather over 5lbs.. I use the bungee to mount them and get them into position before adding the single ratchet strap that holds them tight to the tree. I AM NOT A PAINTER, as you can tell, but these will end up getting taped anyway for noise reduction. Mickey 3.jpgMickey 2.jpg

Clang, clang, glang goes the platform. Ring, ring, ring goes the bell. There was a song it reminded me of. :grinning:
Should be very light weight. Great idea.

I always leave other people's platforms alone. Although, maybe I could play a tune.

looks nice had a idea a while back but thaught on using horse shoes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3/4" tubing bender is what I use and bend just over 180 degrees. Those side rails are pressed in our press brake to create a D profile tube which adds strength and gives a flat weld surface. I do not press the "hoops"

Back