• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mid season diy change, RCH to battle belt

Jflan23

Ok, so the RCH with sit drag works, but I’m not exactly a small fellow and they kept falling down, pissing me off and making noise.

So a trip to my local surplus store and poof. All better. I used a rigging belt as my safety through the battle belt, added a couple stays and my pouches. Much much better. I’ll be out in it in a hour or so!

c589214668c3dd85a5539a9ea4845583.jpg

d3997dedd10ed486bd2fa18ce32c9786.jpg

I posted about this method several times over the past months. Holding the sling saddle at the right level is key to making this trouble free.

I posted about this method several times over the past months. Holding the sling saddle at the right level is key to making this trouble free.

Preciously, I have an eye bolt in the basement that I hung from, many times, to get the right level. We’ll see how it performs this afternoon, but I’m hopeful I’ll be far happier then the RCH route.

so you're removing the RCH from the setup?

Does the battle belt hook into your tether to back up the SD or do you just go without the backup?

so you're removing the RCH from the setup?

Does the battle belt hook into your tether to back up the SD or do you just go without the backup?

The riggers belt that goes through the battle belt hooks onto they rather via a prusik as a backup.
93390ae7fa9e83ecdfe4b51492c1c1cd.jpg

We all have our own levels of risk we’re willing to accept but it should be noted that this system does not have a rated fall restraint device. A battle belt is meant to keep a person from reaching and edge so that a fall can not take place not stop someone in the event of a fall. Be safe out there.

on your first issue with the rch constantly not being “in position” I solved that issue by going to the hardware store as well but I got a pair of suspenders meant for a tool belt that keeps the rch right in the sweet spot.

on your first issue with the rch constantly not being “in position” I solved that issue by going to the hardware store as well but I got a pair of suspenders meant for a tool belt that keeps the rch right in the sweet spot.

True in the risk. I took the plastic buckle belt out, essentially I’m just using the padding and molle stuff of the battle belt. I’m comfortable with the rigging belt point as a backup. After the season I’ll be making my own sit drag with seat belt webbing etc. which will make this setup exactly what I want, this is pretty close though.

I tried suspenders, it did keep the RCH up, but I had my pouches etc on the sit drag not the RCH. I like how the battle belt keeps all the “gear” up off the sit drag. So far it has worked way better this way, for me at least.

Back