• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Midwayusa Mackenzie Mt Extreme Parka

Aeds151

I noticed that all of the Midwayusa clothing is on sale. I just purchased and received their Mackenzie Mountain Signature Extreme Parka. It is very comfortable and well made with a water/wind proof outside and Prima Loft Gold insulation. They even listened to all of the product reviews in years passed and decided to switch to a better ykk zipper and ribbon, providing significantly more durability. My only complaint is weight. This coat is very heavy and is larger than my AO Hybrid X pack. Although it is very warm by using 200 gsm Gold in body and 100gsm in arms, I may look at a few different high end brands due to overall weight. Has anyone else used this coat? Maybe compared to a FL Sanctuary Jacket? What insulation is in the FL Sanctuary coat for comparison to Primaloft Gold?

https://www.midwayusa.com/clothing/...%7C1&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1&customerSelectedSort=False

Last edited:
Its a keeper. Kept me plenty warm in low 30’s sitting in a foot of water. Pockets are very well laid out, as well as, the hood design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back