• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Millenium M7 Microlite

TheTracker

Im very tempted to buy this stand and remove the seat and use it as a platform. It only weighs 8.5lbs, with the seat removed id ptobably lose another lb or so. What do you guys think?
215752aeaac6294dbec046f9865b1e46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think it has potential. Especially with the way the bottom cams over.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think think the xop comes in way under as far as weight is cocerned. But as Ernie stated it has potential.

Plus if your going to by it to chop it up and modify you might as well just buy xop parts and go that route plus saving some weight for a little bit of your time to build.

Plus if your going to by it to chop it up and modify you might as well just buy xop parts and go that route plus saving some weight for a little bit of your time to build.
Not chop it up, remove the seat and use the platform. Im already building a xop platform.

In comparison to the xop platform is this one giving you more to stand on? The xop seat casting is only 50 bucks plus brackets and ernies fantastic parts kit bring it in about $150. Do you plan to remove the seat and use whats left or do you plan to remove the platform and start a new build from there?

In comparison to the xop platform is this one giving you more to stand on? The xop seat casting is only 50 bucks plus brackets and ernies fantastic parts kit bring it in about $150. Do you plan to remove the seat and use whats left or do you plan to remove the platform and start a new build from there?
For saddle hunting remove the seat and use it as such. Amazon has the stand for 143 bucks with free shipping.

Sounds like a crazy idea but maybe you could stand on the seat and remove the bottom part. Then it would be light. If I had one I would try it. Soft to the feet and if it fails your saddle will hold you anyway.

Sounds like a crazy idea but maybe you could stand on the seat and remove the bottom part. Then it would be light. If I had one I would try it. Soft to the feet and if it fails your saddle will hold you anyway.
I don't like that idea. I think that seat would be ripped up pretty quickly if you were to stand on it.

X2 about standing on the seat it would just get ripped up. But $143 is cheaper than $150 but I think the $7 bucks is worth the weight savings. Just my opinion but hell go for it and try. That is how new ideas are made.

I think he means he will remove the seat so he can stand on the platform. I.E. his knees would be where the seat should be.

Y
Yes, the OP did. ontariofarmer suggested standing on the seat.
Yup I suggested trying it. Just to see if it might work. I agree it may rip if you do so or it may not. If I had one I would try it. I don't know how tough the seat is but we do hang on 1 inch tublular webbing. If you were tethered to a tree and standing on that you would not fall if it failed. It would be light and easy on the feet. I like safety too. But I would try it if I had one.

Last edited:
I have this stand and is my preferred run and gun stand. It uses a single ratchet strap and receiver mount to install to tree. Which makes it very stable when sitting in it, but if you put any side pressure ( like while using a saddle) I think it would kick out easily.

I have this stand and is my preferred run and gun stand. It uses a single ratchet strap and receiver mount to install to tree. Which makes it very stable when sitting in it, but if you put any side pressure ( like while using a saddle) I think it would kick out easily.
You could put a versa button on the bottom part of it.

You could put a versa button on the bottom part of it.

Yes that would work. Its made with only one strap and is very stable, but I would use a second strap if using with a saddle. The platform is fairly large, might be redundant to use with a saddle though.

Yes that would work. Its made with only one strap and is very stable, but I would use a second strap if using with a saddle. The platform is fairly large, might be redundant to use with a saddle though.
I also fiund this stand which could work.
bfe587e973b3c797cc23c83917dfee87.jpg

I'm sure it would work as a platform, as that's what it's made for to begin with. Modding it to remove the seat is defo the way to go. Of course it's going to be heavier... but that may not be much of a deterrent to some.

The XOP platform is objectively way cheaper. I spent about $100 on the XOP seat, 6-point brackets, and ernies kit. But it's a seat... the wings have been shown to break if you place load on the incorrectly...

Back