• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Millennium M7 Slumper Seat Mod

rakbowhunter

I have contemplated about getting a M7, but not so sure about the seat. I hear a lot of complaints about the seat not being very deep, so your butt ends up sitting on the back bar. Has anyone tried removing the mesh and adding a slumper seat? Be interested to hear how that would work. Has anyone done this or something similar? I'd like to try a light hang on, but not looking to spend $500 for a LWCG .5 or 1.0

You certainly could. But I’d think you have to either cut the seat off and leave the rivets or drill out the rivets. And it would lower the seat height which I’m short and would be fine but for a tall person they might not like that.

Attachments

• 978689F9-F619-4E4D-A0F1-913D782AB124.jpeg
    978689F9-F619-4E4D-A0F1-913D782AB124.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 65
  • C6111BEE-4910-4997-A5B8-95F4051237BD.jpeg
    C6111BEE-4910-4997-A5B8-95F4051237BD.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 7E8B8906-A7E0-4EF4-B454-15AA0705091B.jpeg
    7E8B8906-A7E0-4EF4-B454-15AA0705091B.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 60
Good compromise lw assault

I'm not a huge fan of the seats myself.

You certainly could. But I’d think you have to either cut the seat off and leave the rivets or drill out the rivets. And it would lower the seat height which I’m short and would be fine but for a tall person they might not like that.
Exactly why I'm asking lol. I'd hate to try a mod like that and ruin the seat just to have it not work. I'm only 5'8", so a shorter seat wouldn't bother me any.

I don’t hate the seat but I don’t love it. I haven’t used mine since I got a saddle but I have some mods in my mind for it. I want to add a versa button and chop off the mounting bracket on the post and remount the seat lower.
I’d try the seat out for a few sits first. Then see if you still think you need to do the seat mod. I think your idea is good but you’ll need some sewing skills.

Good compromise lw assault
Keep in mind, word has it that Novix may be releasing a new version of the LW Assualt in 2021, like how they did this year with the Echo/Alpha, that similarly will be a couple pounds lighter with the same dimensions. Assuming the price is similar it would be hard to pass up. $200ish for a 9 lb Assault sized stand. Almost as light as the LWCG 1.0 but half the price. Way more roomy than the .5, and half the price, but heavier of course.

Also worth noting about LW/Novix stands, unlike the M7, they have adjustable seat and platform to deal with a variety of trees. Lots of tradeoffs to consider.

I’m hoping for a 9lb novix “assault”!
I hope they can make that happen but the Echo and Alpha weigh the same (according to manufacturers). Not sure how they would trim 2 lbs off the Assault knockoff and keep the same dimensions. Guess we will see.

I hope they can make that happen but the Echo and Alpha weigh the same (according to manufacturers). Not sure how they would trim 2 lbs off the Assault knockoff and keep the same dimensions. Guess we will see.

I thought I read the Echo was 11 and alpha was 13? Regardless I’ll be adding a LW/Novix stand in the mix
Unless other options in that price range pops up

I own neither, but my understanding is the Alpha is 13 lbs and the Echo is 11. If you look closely at the two platforms you'll notice some slight differences that account for the possible weight difference. Sources behind the scenes suggest a similar reduction will happen with the new Assault (mini Echo).

i couldnt stand that mesh seat that was on the stand. way oversized for small stand. i cut it off and put a sling seat on. but i did reuse the mesh. put a versa button on and a hawk strap.
Dtm98XA.jpg

fcOHuPG.jpg

81yQAvm.jpg

abxJXqf.jpg

Back