• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mission and sticks in a Pop-up 28?

Anybody have pics of this setup? Looking at self filming and figured that pack may be my best bet for sticks, a platform, and some camera gear.
If that’s pretty much all your gonna use it for. Why not use MR treehouse, sticks flat on the back & mission can go underneath, on the back over sticks or on the lid. It’s a great bag for filming gear b/c it has a little structure & some interior org. (But not a ton of little pockets)3FFC7D4D-47E0-4088-8AB8-18B0B56CCC64.jpeg

If that’s pretty much all your gonna use it for. Why not use MR treehouse, sticks flat on the back & mission can go underneath, on the back over sticks or on the lid. It’s a great bag for filming gear b/c it has a little structure & some interior org. (But not a ton of little pockets)View attachment 45281
I'd just prefer to have 10lbs of metal right against the frame instead of on the outside of the pack. I've strapped sticks to the outside of packs and always hated it in the past. I figure if I can tuck the platform and sticks against the frame all ill need in the pack is a jacket, camera gear, and my saddle for most hunts. Shouldn't be a bad load. 20lbs?

I have the 38. I like the lid for some additional organization. There is no reason the misson and sticks can't go on the load shelf. The sticks may need to be horizontal to keep the standoffs out of the way.

I carry my sticks on the outside and my predator goes in the front pouch. Frequently used items in the lid pockets and clothes, snacks, etc
in the pack.

I can take more photos if helpful.
20210305_122704.jpg20210305_122725.jpg

That is the exact set up I ran all last season, mission with 4 novix minis and a pop up 28, worked good, I don’t think I have any pics unfortunately and I sold all that stuff except the pack, I carried my mission and sticks on the meat shelf along with my jacket, everything else in the pack, I used a small little fleece pack to take up the tree with me and left the 28 on the ground.

That is the exact set up I ran all last season, mission with 4 novix minis and a pop up 28, worked good, I don’t think I have any pics unfortunately and I sold all that stuff except the pack, I carried my mission and sticks on the meat shelf along with my jacket, everything else in the pack, I used a small little fleece pack to take up the tree with me and left the 28 on the ground.
Is the 28 too big to be desirable up in the tree? I know the 18 was popular until it was discontinued and I'd love to find one, but I never seem to be able to snap up the very rare on that ends up on classifieds.

It is for me, others mite disagree but it’s still a lot of pack, I like it for it’s intended purpose but much prefer a little simple quiet fleece pack up in the tree, I found a $25 old fieldline fleece pack thats perfect for up in the tree, I really liked the set up I had last year and was hesitant on trying something different but this year I’m going to try the .5 and carry a fleece pack on that skip the pop up, we will see.

I had danos double steps top and bottom on my mini sticks and used a versa aider, when you strap the minis on the mission like trophyline intended there is a little gap between the sticks in the center that is perfect for danos fleece bag with shoulder strap, I carried my versa aider and ropes for sticks in that bag and other accessories, it was a slick set up and if this .5 deal doesn’t work out I will probably regret selling it and buy the same stuff again, good luck!

Back