• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mission Platform - Molle Straps or Other Quality Straps

EJohnson

I hunted with the Mission last season and really like the platform, but struggled with the cheap backpack straps I bought for it.

Most of my hunts are 4 hours give or take and the walks are not that far. I carried my Mission on my back and my Hawk mini sticks on a strap over my shoulder. The cheap backpack straps didn't hold the stand in place at all and both my hands were tied up carry my bow and trying to keep the sticks over my shoulder.

Looking at a Molle strap or recommended other quality straps for the platform. I ordered the bungee strap from Innovating the Outdoors to mount the sticks to the platform.

What straps would you recommend and where to buy? Or would a backpack just make things a lot easier?

Thanks for the suggestions

Last edited:
eBay has this set that work great on my mission. My PopUp28 holds stuff very nicely in the meat shelf but honestly that’s a lot of pack for me especially early season with no layers to pack.

Attachments

• FCAFBD89-B8B5-4EE7-AEEE-A6A1286DB3C5.png
    FCAFBD89-B8B5-4EE7-AEEE-A6A1286DB3C5.png
    757 KB · Views: 35
One stick or two I pack them different to balance.
*sideways pics no matter what I do on this site.

Attachments

• BCAD848A-4E6E-48A1-BF10-D0B744FCDDED.jpeg
    BCAD848A-4E6E-48A1-BF10-D0B744FCDDED.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 0A2F862F-9A8A-4BAF-9C6C-F14C4BA91AB3.jpeg
    0A2F862F-9A8A-4BAF-9C6C-F14C4BA91AB3.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 45
I have MOLLE straps and kidney belt on my mission- they work best if sideways, since the platform is wider than it is tall. It worked alright for end of season last year when I typically had a heavy coat under, and I shoved my kneepads in there for a bit of padding, but I am looking to return to using a pack. The MR popup series is leading for me right now.

Back