• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Modding excess strap length on mantis

DC10

I am not proficient at DIY stuff, but what are some of the easiest modifications for dealing with the extra strap length on the leg straps and waist strap (rather than just letting it dangle)?

Also, what’s the easiest mod for ensuring the hooks stay hooked in their proper place?

I ditched the G hooks for plastic buckles and I use elastic webbing retainers for the excess webbing

Search for web dominators. I was thinking about stocking these things, they are quite handy for more than retaining webbing.
Found a site where, for the next 4 days, they're on sale for $0.37 a piece. And if you don't already have an account with them, when you set one up, you get a $3.00 coupon that can be applied when you spend $4.00 or more.

So, I bought 11 and with shipping I paid $1.88.

Because it's being shipped from out of the country it said I can expect delivery within 42 days. So if you're in a rush, you might want to buy from somewhere else.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...56vvxq7V6llDLKJsKcxoCFp8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Back