• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Modified Leverage Steps Done

Stickman

Well, better late than never. I finished my Leverage Steps mods last weekend and are set for next year. This is the list of mods completed:
  1. Cut down to 2 steps 22" apart
  2. Made new steps that are much more robust, thicker and wider (I broke 2 of the old ones in the past when climbing up...wasn't pretty)
  3. Painted with a rubberized finish
  4. Added a versa button of my own design
  5. Fabricated small rubber suction cups so they snap together tightly with no noise at all
  6. Made 7/64 daisy chain Amsteel ropes with rubber ball ends to toss around the tree
  7. I also have a 2 step aider for the bottom stick and a one step aider for the second stick.Lev compare steps.jpgLev Finished steps.jpgLev stacked steps.jpg

Those look awsome. How did you snap the steps. I have 2 sets and now am a little worried. Are you a big guy. Did you hand cut the new steps???

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The factory steps are feeble thin aluminum and very small out on the last 1/3 where most of your weight ends up going. I just stepped up on the first one on the right and "TINK"...it snapped right off. Thankfully it was the bottom step and I just whacked my nose on the tree. The second time I did it was the same but on the second stick up, first step and I scraped the piss out of my shin. I am about 200 pounds so not small but they should be rated higher than that. It is worth noting that it was before I used a lineman's belt so could be a big problem on the top stick, top step.

They had a recall but I don't know if this was the reason for the recall.

Oh, I fabricated the new steps myself. I bought bar stock aluminum and then cut the rough shape out on the band saw. I finish ground them to final shape on my edge sander then drilled the holes on my drill press. I used an end mill and very slowly milled the slots on the top edge of the steps.

Back