• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Molle Drawstring pouch Question

I use a slightly larger one. It does periodically come undone but I haven't had any problems in the tree. I think its better to have a slightly larger one than to try and stuff too much into a smaller one.

I am probably trying to stuff too much into it, but it comes undone so easily. My opinion is that the snaps are complete junk. Which is part of the reason I like the price LOL!
Red this weather needs to break, and soon!

Red this weather needs to break, and soon!
I'm hunting Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday, Monday. Wed Thurs and Monday are looking decent. I'm running out of time to fill my first buck tag. I have to go away for training the last week of October so I'm looking at basically 2 weeks left to fill it.

Anyone use this type of pouch? I like it but it always comes unsnapped .... quite a PIA when up in a tree. I am sure I am not alone here, what have you done to fix this issue? I was thinking of using some metal glue or something like that.
Let me know if any of you have a solution.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EWUPKVC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

great - I just bought the same pouches off EBay.... I have not had a chance to connect them to anything yet since I'm still waiting on the kestrel but now I'm going to go check on a backpack or something

great - I just bought the same pouches off EBay.... I have not had a chance to connect them to anything yet since I'm still waiting on the kestrel but now I'm going to go check on a backpack or something
I use a back pack in addition to the pouch. Stuff in my back pack is not accessible until I get settled into tree. Pouch is easily accessible as I am climbing.

When closed they are 4.2 inches.
6774de7f972566a3163850ce130cb8fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the pouch is a little over 7” these should work. Maybe a bit small. But I’m sure I can make them work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just want them to fit through the webbing part of the pouch. Webbing is usually set up to fit either one or two rows of molle loops

I picked up a couple of those pouches, too, but am awaiting my Kestrel to use them. I noticed how easy the snaps popped loose. Figured on just using some trusty ol' zip ties. Those Maxpedition ties look pretty good.

If the snaps are just coming unsnapped, I have put small bolts and nuts through them. So that I can still remove them later if I need to. If the snaps are tearing loose from the fabric as the picture above....obviously, that won't work.

Back