• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Montana dream team

Waylon mark

Never used decoys, always wanted to,so after years of talking and dreaming out possibilities I bought some 110$ at eders set up and packability are spot on weight considering they are 2 decoys is next to nothing . First hunt saw nothing ,no action but after climbing down packing up I headed around tree and my own decoy startled me a good one

Used them first time this year. Couple of younger bucks came to investigate. Eventually a good sized fella came in to investigate the two real bucks but ignored the decoys completely

Never used decoys, always wanted to,so after years of talking and dreaming out possibilities I bought some 110$ at eders set up and packability are spot on weight considering they are 2 decoys is next to nothing . First hunt saw nothing ,no action but after climbing down packing up I headed around tree and my own decoy startled me a good one
Are you from Montana? or are you talking about using 2 Montana decoys?

Brad Farris has a great decoying whitetails article I think in the November or December North American Whitetails. I think he squares a nice buck every year with decoying tactics. I have “The Freshman” decoy and I put it out one time this year during early November. It was an evening sit. However, I placed it perpendicular to the field hoping to catch east west movement. A decent buck came out at last light directly from the south with a NE wind and was within 6.5 yards of me and I could have shot him but he saw the decoy and stopped, did the head-bob then circled to the east about 15 yards and kept going on his way out into the field. I’m like huh. I should have place it parallel to the field but he didn’t spook just knew something was there and went in his way. I need to delve into this tactic more.

Back