• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mosquitos and West Nile Virus

Backdoc

Just a friendly reminder too everyone to guard themselves against Mosquitos and also ticks. Insect vectored diseases are no joke. While rare,if you happen to be unlucky like I was I it could be deadly or devastating. Take it seriously, I wish I had.
I contracted WNV in 2017, 6 days in a coma, near death. I was out of work for 4 months. I was still lucky that I had a good recovery and can still hunt. Some die, many are greatly disabled.
Protect yourselves

Just a friendly reminder too everyone to guard themselves against Mosquitos and also ticks. Insect vectored diseases are no joke. While rare,if you happen to be unlucky like I was I it could be deadly or devastating. Take it seriously, I wish I had.
I contracted WNV in 2017, 6 days in a coma, near death. I was out of work for 4 months. I was still lucky that I had a good recovery and can still hunt. Some die, many are greatly disabled.
Protect yourselves
WNV is no joke, my friends called my mom when they didn't hear from me for 3 days, my mom and an X girlfriend pulled me out of my apartment and dragged me to the hospital back in 2011. I was told to start using bugspray while trout fishing. I got lucky that all I needed was 3 bags of saline, and a week in bed.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

WNV is no joke, my friends called my mom when they didn't hear from me for 3 days, my mom and an X girlfriend pulled me out of my apartment and dragged me to the hospital back in 2011. I was told to start using bugspray while trout fishing. I got lucky that all I needed was 3 bags of saline, and a week in bed.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
You got lucky, thankfully. Only 1% of the 10% of infections that are symptomatic become neuroinvasive like mine was. It is much more common than it gets credit for.
Glad your OK.

Back