• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mountainbike Mods?

Heres my new bike that I bought from my neighbor for 25 bucks. I was wondering if yall knew of any mods i ca make? Im definitely going to do a sponge spray paint on it.

If you want to use it for hunting I would suggest a good tubeless tire setup with stans sealant. Nothing sucks more than a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. I don't know what options you will have on those wheels though. Might have to be 'ghetto tubeless' which is actually pretty reliable, just heavy.

Last edited:
Ok, you probably won’t like this, but I’m gonna be honest. I would rather walk. That bike is ridiculously heavy, and has the lowest of low end components. All which are prone to break, and not work properly. If you are just riding down a pavement bike path go for it, but as soon as you introduce some mud, grit, snow, ice to it, you will have issues. I have been racing bikes for years, and help my buddy out in his bike shop. I have worked on similar bikes, and even at their best, they are not really meant for off road. The cost to make that bike tubeless, and fix some issues is more than the cost of it new. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your feet will be far more reliable.

the only mod I have on my mt bike is I added a rack over the rear wheel, it is good for carrying stuff, and I can strap my game cart to the rack
and peddle around towing it.
trek fat wheel,

Thought I'd add a couple pics of my fatty setup from a couple weeks ago for reference. Picture on the way in and out. I want to get a better rack setup on the rear, add salsa cages to my forks and a build or buy an ultralight trailer for bikepacking hunt trips. The burley coho looks awesome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201118-093621_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201118-093621_Gallery.jpg
    715.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20201118-093724_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201118-093724_Gallery.jpg
    744.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Leather seats. Nice. I have a B.O.B. trailer we used for bike-packing trips. It worked well.

Back