• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

MR Pop Up 28, lack of availabilty

Rico

Decided to get the Pop Up 28 this week after reading this report https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/mystery-ranch-pop-up-pack-testing.221287/
I quickly found it was unavailable. Called seven or eight places listed on the MR website, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and Montana. Missed getting one in Montana for $250 by one day, ouch!
Contacted MR via email and got this response.
xMqaRX-pOtVVIcSydTxEA1b7oReVpXX_meOYlGXqW9xAwi7O4XZsUdUNf7EmMi0FWXnhyMWSOhtNSjoyAm6JYnP_Somya8JunUsXU8SuBvneQQQcSeaQymNoZr94O5ooH44Zp1IGQEAxh-qN38tC-xt94A=s0-d-e1-ft

Update for Case 46569 - "Pop Up 28"
Hello,
Thanks for reaching out to Mystery Ranch! I tried finding the pack online and it does look like it is sold out unfortunately. You may be able to find it via a third party like eBay, craigslist, etc. We will not have that product available directly until January. Hope this info. helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
Best,
Joe

Also check out Schnee's also they have some. Large/ camo is the problem.

Bought one last week on black ovis. It was a small. Nit sure what size your looking for. They had med as well.

Thank you for the leads. I have checked those places. I am looking for a large Pop Up 28. There is a large 18 at Schnee's if anyone is interested.

I have been going back in forth with getting a Pop up 28 and after reading that they might be sold out and not being produced again till Jan made me pull the trigger right away. I went with a Med since they did not have L and my the waist might be a little small i am kind of between sizes anyone have a Med hopefully there is a little slack on the waist belt? If it doesn't fit I will sell it to one of you guys. LOL
They still have Med and Smalls available at Scheels and they are on sale for $228

I need a large- but I had a medium and returned it. The only difference between M & L is the waist belt. And yes M has enough adjustment to fit my 40" waist.

Great thanks for the feedback my waist is 35" so hopefully it fits good. I am excited to try it out this year on the long walks in.

Just spoke with those folks. Told them to prepare for the flood of phone calls coming their way...

Success!
My son found what we want at North 40 Outfitters. A large and medium foliage 28 are on the way :)

Thanks for the lead just ordered a large in desolve and a belt pouch and rangefinder holster. I have been searching high and low and just found this post. Thanks so much!!!

You're welcome. I really like the way folks help each other on the forum and I'm very pleased to have lent a hand.
This really is one of the top three forums I've been associated with. I hope to contribute more as I am able.

I wasn’t gonna get this pack as i just bought a horn hunter main beam but the more i watched reviews i was like “gotta have it”!!

This forum is great and hopefully as it grows the vibe of helping others will stay unlike other places i have wandered!!

$300 are they not? Seems pricey? Are they popular here because people use the frame to carry climbing sticks or more for the meat pack out? MR is what I have used since 2009 for Wildland Fire fighting so I know they make good packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$300 are they not? Seems pricey? Are they popular here because people use the frame to carry climbing sticks or more for the meat pack out? MR is what I have used since 2009 for Wildland Fire fighting so I know they make good packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both for me. They pack my sticks out but I'll pack meat with it too. And I'll use it as a daypack elk hunting. And I use it as a daypack hunting around home, scouting, running cameras, and taking the kids for a walk. Crazy versatile pack.

DaveT is right too, the cordura is going to be louder than some people want to deal with, but it doesn't bother me. I'm not going to be rustling around in my pack with a deer 30 yards away.

Back